Monday, October 3, 2011

It's A Place...

You would expect to see this kind of post come Derby, but after checking one of my blogs, it's time for me to list some of the reasons (in no particular order might I add) why I love the Bluegrass State.

* The biggest high school football rivalry in the nation. 
* Turkey, cheese, bread and tomatoes. Enough said. 
* Colonel Sander's Famous Spices Recipe under lock and key. 
* My Morning Jacket. 
* The totes awk ginormous baseball bat. 
* The golden antlers. 
* The color Blue-grass. Yes. If you look hard enough, you can and will find some. 
* 575 tents that campout for days for midnight basketball practice tickets. 
* Tailgating like it's your j-o-b. 
* Home of THE Papa John.

"Its a place with no labels... This weird urban island in the middle of the state... The place has it's flaws: you move away, but you're always going to come back." Jim James

-Sara-

1 comment: