Thursday, October 6, 2011

An Apple A Day...

I could go into work early, or I could stay home and watch the live blog of the highly anticipated announcement of the Apple press conference. There were plenty of people at Shenanigans, so following the blog it was.
    Enough with introducing the revamped iPod Touch, the fact that the Hong Kong Apple store opened with outstanding numbers, or the fact how great iTunes is. Just get me to the phone. My phone is slowly giving out on me. "And here it is. The brand new... iPhone 4S." I had heard rumors of the iPhone 5 and how great it was going to be with all the latest whistles and bangs, but I guess Tim Cook had better ideas. That was Tuesday.
    After a long day at Shenanigans, it was time to come home and figure out how I was going to balance this crazy thing called school. Yes, it felt like an eternity as I filled out each page of the study guides, but as long as I had me some Taylor Swift playing on my computer, and having my phone light up with texts, I knew I would get through it.
     "Hey Sara. I just got an alert from MSNBC.com  that Steve Jobs died." "Yea right." There had been rumors of him swirling that he was going make an appearance at Tuesday's press conference, but it was doubtful because of his ailing health. The last picture I had seen of him was back in August the day after he had informed Apple of his resignation. When I saw the picture, he was wearing his iconic but baggy black turtleneck and jeans. Okay, so maybe he didn't look great, but I didn't think that he would pass that quickly.
     After hearing the news, it was so sad to see the Apple home page go from this:

 
Can't Wait To Meet You. 













 To This: 

 So Steve, after you have made doing homework easier, the way we move the mouse (Yea, he invented the concept of the mouse), the way I can update my status on the go, and the way we communicate, I thank you. You and the geniuses at Apple have made this world so much more interesting, and innovative. Thank you for all that you have done, and in the words of your 2005 Stanford Commencement speech, I'm going to continue to "Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish."

-Sara-

1 comment:

  1. well spoken. it's so sad, isn't it? but i have to say i'm so excited about the new iphone i can hardly stand it!!!!

    ReplyDelete