Sunday, October 16, 2011

May The Angels Protect You...

I had planned on blogging about the Taylor Swift concert, but after hearing today's tragic news, I couldn't. After waking up from a much needed Sunday afternoon nap, I awoke to the buzzing sounds coming from the cars of the Indy Racing League. I wasn't sure how much longer I could handle watching cars go round and around the track for hours on end. But as I began to notice, the track was silent and nearly empty. The news had been released that IRL driver Dan Wheldon had died in a 15 car crash two hours earlier in the race. While this blog is sad, and rather short, it made me think three things: life is short, so make the best of it. Missing loved ones. And no matter how you may feel, go tell someone you love them.
     After the tragic and shocking news had been announced, the tweets began to pour in. There was one that caught my eye: "Many people ask me why I sign off 'til we meet again.' It's because goodbye is so final. Goodbye Dan Wheldon." -Marty Reid

-Sara-

No comments:

Post a Comment