Sunday, May 1, 2011

It Only Took Me 97 Days To Post This...

Well... I finished. The 2011 Derby Mini Marathon is now in the books. And guess what? I have pictures to prove it. 
Packet Pick-Up
Part Of TEAM SARA
Enough Said. 
Start Line!
H20 Anyone? 
5 1/2 Miles In. No Biggie.
Derby Royalty At It's Finest. 
Found A Friend INSIDE Churchill Downs! 
Spectators Point Of The Finish Line.
The Most Exhilarating Moment Of My Life.
Living On Struggle Street
SUPASTAAAAR. 
High five a cop? CHECK. Attempt to throw a water bottle over a fence? CHECK. Give High fives to complete strangers? CHECK. Run THROUGH Churchill Downs on opening day? CHECK. High five an Austin Powers look a like? CHECK. Dump a glass of water over my head on mile 12? CHECK. Have a goal of 3:30? Check. BEAT IT BY 55 Minutes? DOUBLE CHECK. Had the time of my life doing all this? CHECK.

-Sara-

P.S. Shout Out to TEAM SARA for an amazing weekend! I couldn't have done it without you! 

4 comments:

  1. woo hoo!!!! Go girl GO! That was one awesome day =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO!! I wish I could have been there like I wanted to be to cheer you and Katie on.. :(

    You are so funny, btw.. an Austin Powers look-a-like?! That's awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! Such a great accomplishment!! Enjoy the rest of Derby week!

    ReplyDelete