Monday, May 30, 2011

Here's To The Future...

In my recent post "Livin' On A Prayer" I mentioned that I was one of the select few who had opted to continue on with my 6 week way too intensive writing class, and mentioned that the other 14 who were in my class were quitters. You can now make that 15. I'm not gonna make you read about my misery, but as of 7:30 tonight, I officially dropped the class. I know that I decided to do this half way into the class, but as I said, I saw way too many 3:00 AM nights, and honestly, I had no idea what I was doing. I was tired of having to get up, go to school or work, come home, work on my paper, eat dinner, work some more, go to bed, and get up just to do the same thing again and again.
      If you saw the rubric for the papers, you would agree with me. I was somehow having to figure out what to work on first; homework that was due tomorrow, a 50 point mandatory notebook that went along with my paper, or start working on 2 page summaries for my 10 sources for my paper, and was told that if they weren't two pages, I would probably fail the notebook.
     After dropping the class, I was handed a schedule. Included in my day? Laying out in my I can't wait to put it on the love of my life bathing suit so I can lay out and read, running 3 miles, (I've missed that, and I'm not kidding either) an one hour massage, and finishing the day off with a dinner date at Panera with only the best sister in the world.
    The plus side of all this new found free time? More hours at Shenanigans, and more of your's truly. And, we all know how much I love me some quotes, so while digging deep into my Grey's catalog of wisdom, I found a perfect one that sums this all up:"Doesn’t matter how tough we are, trauma always leaves a scar. It follows us home, it changes our lives, trauma messes everybody up, but maybe that’s the point. All the pain and the fear and the crap. Maybe going through all of that is what keeps us moving forward. It’s what pushes us. Maybe we have to get a little messed up, before we can step up."


-Sara- 

No comments:

Post a Comment