Saturday, May 14, 2011

3.01 Hellish Miles...

It seems just like yesterday that I was announcing to the blogosphere that I was partaking in the mini marathon. And after I was finished, I was asked the first post race question: "are you addicted yet?" Of course my first instinct was "heck no."  I did just run 13.1 miles ya know. After the glory days had come and gone, and the reality of not having to train almost every day had finally set in. I was able to go to work, and come home to relax. It began to feel odd.
     Following my weekend of running success, I returned to Shenanigan HQ's only to be greeted with the one question that I didn't mind to answer; "So Sara, how'd ya do?" and it still continues to roll off my tongue with a smile. But that one question was still looming in the back of my tiny little brain.
     I'm not gonna lie. I do have favorite customers. While the old ones are cute and adorable, it's the post-morning carpool duty moms that I have come to love. They're full of energy and always so appreciative that I have gotten out of my comfy bed to come and bag their groceries.
     There is one in particular mom who I had told them about my training for the mini. Still on my running glow she was pretty impressed with me, and then continued to go on about another race. No Sara. Don't put yourself through this again. You hated every minute of training and just don't do it. "What race is it?" "Well it's something actually that my kids discovered through YouTube called the Warrior Dash. It's actually really cool, you run through a field, and about every half mile you stop and do an obstacle." Obstacles? I'm out. The only thing I have going for me are my melon bi-cept muscles. Locked and loaded. Although... if I did decide to do this "dash" I'd look pretty killer in my bathing suit. So, I decided to look into this "dash" a little more.
     What exactly was this race all about? Free viking hat? Check. Free beer at the end? Well that's a waste. Muddy water? Sounds good to me.
     If you still don't exactly understand, let me go into detail. This so called "dash" takes place in the middle of a field out in the middle of a no where during the height of Summer's heat. During this dash, I'll start out running a good mile (give or take) stop and do an obstacle. Run some more, stop and do an obstacle. You get the gist. I know one of the obstacles, but theres too many moms that read this, but I'm not gonna give you a heart attack.
     Game. On.

*Also, not really sure what happened to the original posting of this. I went to go check on it, and it just decided to vanish on me. I knew the web was creepy.

-Sara-
  

No comments:

Post a Comment