Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Princess Party. Enough Said...

I usually post my blogs in chronological order, but seeing as my mini completion trumped the Royal Wedding, that came first. After re-living my race day glory for a few days, I can finally present to you the story of the best Princess Party around.
     My planning for my party began several weeks prior to the Nuptials of The Week. (And I say week  because, well, we all know who had the nuptials of the year.) It began with a trip to Target where I strolled the party aisle in search for anything Princess related. As I eagerly looked for my party decorations, I spotted two cute purple plastic tiaras. You can't have a princess party and not have tiara's for the princesses!  When I started my mission to find only the classiest decorations in town, there were only two people in the aisle; myself, and my mother.  After finding the last two purple plastic tiaras in the store I was approached by a 70ish something grandmother, "Are there anymore of those?" My Reply: "Ummmmm. Nope. Sorry." After a quick odd look at me she continued; "Well shoot. I really wanted those for my grand-daughters third birthday party." Pointing to some other kind of tiara's, I replied: "Well there's those..." "Those aren't gonna do. Oh well." Buy out the last two tiara's in the store for the Royal Wedding? CHECK. Oh and look what else I found? Matching Napkins. Decorations complete, it was time to plan a breakfast fit for a queen. (I crack myself up...)
    After extensive research as to what should be served for this special occasion, the menu was set. Raspberry scones, Crumpets and jam, Strawberries and (whipped) cream, deviled eggs with bacon (Because the wedding was almost 24 hours to the minute that I would run my race, the protein police was in full force)  pon de chocolate, tea, and mimosa's with Shenanigan Headquarters Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice.  "Now Sara, what time will you want to  serve breakfast?" "Well, seeing as coverage starts at 4:00, I'll be up for the start of it, and I can get everything ready for a 5:30 serving." Famous last words.
     The eve before my princess party, it was time to set up the extravagant affair. Tiara's out? Check. Mimosa glasses out? Check. Plates, napkins, and serving plates out? Check. Alarm set for 3:50 AM? Check. Excitement beyond belief? Double Check.
     "Oh darling, don't you ever grow up, ever grow up." Oh I how I love waking up to Taylor Swift.  But wait. Was it already 3:50? Nope. Snooze for another nine minutes. Repeat until 4:30 when I was awoken by the doorbell. It was TEAM SARA arriving for The Royal Wedding. I was late to my own party? PARTY FOUL.  "I am so sorry, I went to bed at 12:30 and next thing you know 4:30 came far too early."
     Shoot. I had 60 minutes to get breakfast served. Cooking marathon a go: Boil water for tea. Make pon de chocolate. Top deviled eggs with bacon. Toast Crumpets. Make mimosas. Cut lemon for tea. Make coffee. Maybe this was a lot more than I could handle.  Oh wait. That's right. At least I had the protein police on double duty serving as party coordinator.  And what do you know. Look who had breakfast served at 5:30 on the DOT?
     It was time to present breakfast in my sunday best.
You're Pretty. Both Of You. 
Classy. 
I love acting my shoe size. 
I've got some mad cooking skills. 
Top Secret Recipe. 
NY Fashion Week Fall 2011.
-Sara-

1 comment:

  1. i can't even describe how jealous i am that i wasn't at this party. you don't even understand :(

    ReplyDelete