Monday, May 16, 2011

Zip ID Case...

Mentioned in some of my favorite things, (not the 13 Things I can't live without) I mentioned my keychain. And I'm sure you're asking yourself, why on earth are you car keys one of your favorite things? Well, its a good thing you asked, because I believe that my keychain tells a story. Odd. I know. And just think, it's one more little thing you get to know about me.
     The first and most important part of my keychain is the key to Chip. Also known as my freedom. This key was introduced to me on a hot muggy August night of 2008. Love at first sight.
     By far one of my favorite keychains has to be the it used to be cute, but now it's plain dirty, I don't know what you want to call it, maybe a bracelet for the keys, keychain. This was one of my very first keychains purchased by me from a class mate of mine that happened to be in the competing Junior Achievement sponsored Applied Economics class in high school. For those who are unaware of Junior Achievement, I'll give you the 411. The class taught me how to come up with a business plan, execute it, production, advertising and selling. One would think that it was an easy class, but I quickly found out, I have no plans to become an entrepreneur anytime soon. Anyway, back to what I was saying. The girl who I had bought it from tried to make me buy some that were already made. Well, being the dare to be different student I was, I didn't want one that everyone else would have. My teacher encouraged us to support the other class, and vice versa. Seriously, these things were cute, but the only way I would buy one is if I had one custom made. The girl informed me they couldn't do custom orders. It's not like you had to tell the class you had a custom order. It was looming toward the end of the year and look who just "happened to have extra black roping, and happened to have extra black and white ribbon?" Wasn't there someone wanting a black and white keychain? Honestly, it's how I hang my keys every night.
     The next keychain signifies my "state heritage". And those may not even be the right words, but how else can I explain that I have a keychain with my name on it made out of the leather used for the horses saddles, but can't ride horses because of allergies? But if you get my point, leather, horses, derby? You get the drift. Oh. And don't forget it has my name on it, so if your name isn't Sara, and you have my keys, then somethings seriously wrong.
     To the person who invented my next keychain is a genius. It's a keychain that has a hook that sit's outside my purse so that I can find my keys easier. Like I said. GENIUS. This keychain reminds me of three things. Number one: my lovely and ever so life saving :) godparents. Number two: my 21st birthday celebration.  This keychain was in a bag of 21 presents filled with little nicknacks and this happened to be one of them. Number three: UL sports. Another symbol of my heritage, and another one of my faves.
     I know, I know, my keychain is still not complete and all this weight is not good for my engine.  My IU keychain is another keychain that shows my "education heritage." As much as their basketball team is no bueno, there education system is outstanding. I'll get there one day.
      The keychain from the island. I love island time. Enough said.
     And finally, literally the center of my keychain and my life. My Bali Blue Vera Bradley Zip ID case. This case literally has my entire everyday life in it. When I first started driving, I just had the basic keys that I needed, and as time went on, I needed a place for my student ID and license, and my AAA card, and my cash, and I didn't want to carry around a bulky wallet, and I happened to come across one of these on the Vera Bradley website. My personal favorite products of hers. I grab my keys, phone and off I go. I have everything I need.
     Road trip anyone?

-Sara-


1 comment:

  1. i love this post. can i just say you are a great kentuckian?! and furthermore, i really need one of those leather name plate keychains. why don't i already have one?! and you and my sister (and the little girl i live with) share the love for vera license holder. anyways, i miss you. and i love this post. :)

    ReplyDelete