Sunday, May 22, 2011

Got That Right...

Well, well, well... It's another late Sunday night at I have to be at work at 7 AM and I'm tired of annotated bibliographies, and convincing my teacher to let us analyze the movie Little Miss Sunshine, so what better way to spend my night than rambling to you and once again get inside my brain?
     If I do recall in "Coldplay Doesn't Help" a.k.a announcing the Celebrity Apprentice cast, and I even remember writing that from day uno, John Rich would be taking home the title of Celebrity Apprentice 2011, and the hefty $250,000 donation to St. Jude's Children Hospital. And as of 11:00 tonight, look who was right? #Winning.
     I guess you could say that I have an addiction to Amazon.com and the gLee CD's. gLee soundtrack number six comes out tomorrow (Monday) and I pre-ordered it three weeks ago. I can't help it. It's gLee's fault for doing amazing covers of Adele and Fleetwood Mac, and then expecting the gleeks to go out and support them.
     Why don't you ask who some how miraculously survived a week of summer school and a rather early work week on 20(ish) hours of sleep? That's right. As I say, total domination. I know, I know, clearly aware of all the hazards that come with it. But due to the fact that there was an extremely emotional episode of gLee on Tuesday night, how are you supposed to work after bawling your eyes out all night? You're not. And then hello? The semi finals of American Idol were on, and I'm proud to say that Lauren and Scotty have made it into the finals that will air Tuesday night. And Idol got over at 9:30, well then I have to get started, and then ya know, it turned into a long night of YouTubing marriage proposals along with having to rewind the clip of Kate walking down the aisle to William.
     Sara. You're still not over the Royal Wedding? Nope. Embarrassed? Slightly. But I have found a clip that I am madly in love with, and it's Kate walking down to her Prince Charming. Oh and then there's that handsome rebel Harry, who at one point, turns to look at Kate, and then says to William, "Here she is now. She looks stunning." Once again; embarrassed that I have the dialogue memorized thanks to a lip reader who posted on Perez Hilton everything that was said on that wonderful morning? More than slightly embarrassed. But, I must say, the music she walked down to, was absolutely beautiful. And the overhead shots of Westminster Abbey and the trees that look like they came straight out of a story book wedding? That's why.
      Lorne Michaels is a total genius. In case you're unaware of this man, he's the creator of maybe one of the highlights of my weekend, Saturday Night Live. This weekend's episode was the season finale, and back in April it was announced that Justin Timberlake would be hosting. Now, we just needed a musical guest. Well, considering it was the season finale, and a certain Mama Monsters long awaited Born This Way album comes out this week, its only fitting you book her. So yes, Justin Timberlake and GAGA. Another factor of my 20ish hours of sleep this week.
     This weekend was rather an exciting one at mi casa. And because we had out of town family visiting, and I happened to be peer reviewing our papers in class, I was able to scoot out of class 30 minutes early to come home and greet them. For once, it felt good to be a rebel. And because we had such fun family visiting, while I was at work, they were out having fun looking at all the horses and betting dollars on them. I happened to get a text that made my week. "I put two dollars across the board for Dream Warrior." How fitting. Five minutes later, I get the following response. "OMG. YOU WON!!!!!!!" $33.20 later, I was handed my winnings.  And with it being a day before the Preakness, they were also able to place a $2 bet to place on Animal Kingdom and once again $4 later I was #winning again.
      As the month of May starts to wind down, we all know what that means. Season finales. And let me say, last week was a little hard on the emotions. Coming from what used to be a heartless person who only cried at three episodes of Full House, I kid you not, I cried four days in a row. I cried at gLee Tuesday night, American Idol both nights, and then the season finale of Grey's. And if you watched what I watched those nights, you would have cried too.
    It's my favorite time of year again. TV year that is. As you read earlier, I mentioned that Lauren and Scotty have both made it into the final two of Idol. And this where you come in. You're going to laugh at  what I'm about to say, but will you please help me vote for Lauren Tuesday night? Last year, I voted for a solid four hours straight for Crystal Bowersox and managed to get in over 300 votes. I did the pros and cons for both and I decided that Lauren needs the title more than Scotty, because I'm sure Nashville is just waiting for him to get voted off and sign a record deal. So please Tuesday night please watch Idol and please pay attention to the numbers given for her, and as soon as 9:00 hits, please get your smart phones out and VOTE.
     Oh and I'm sure you're wondering what I said to start this off? Yes, as a 5 point bonus for class, we were assigned to write a one page paper on what movie we want to watch in class and analyze it for our next paper. The only limits we had, were that either the director had to be in their mid 20's or have someone born in the last twenty years in the movie. Obviously I chose Little Miss Sunshine. The girl behind me had never heard of it. Odd, but whatever. Her response? "I'm gonna do Lemonade Mouth?" With that, "what movie is that face", I nicely replied "huh?" she then said, "Oh, I bet most people haven't, it's a Disney Movie." I really hope the rest of my class didn't board that train with her on that one. And did Lemonade Mouth win an Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay? Didn't think so.
     Time update: It's 1:00 and I have to be up in five hours. So much for getting a decent nights sleep.

-Sara-

No comments:

Post a Comment