Sunday, September 4, 2011

I Just Smile And Say God Bless...

* If you've joined the 21st century, and are one of the 250 million members on Facebook and happen to be my friend, you saw one of my statuses say that my job is a tourist attraction. How can that be? 
"omg. They're HUGE." duh. 
These are the 2nd and 3rd place biggest watermelons from our state fair. Where's the WINNING watermelon? I don't know. "How much did first place weigh?" 228 pounds. After listening to those types of comments for a solid week, sometimes for 8 hours a day, the time has come for them to say sinara. I mean, it was fun to look at them for the first day, but I'm glad they're gone. And for the last time, yes, they're edible. But are they good? No. Next up? Supposedly a 500 pound pumpkin. That, I'll have to see for myself.  And yes. Shenanigans will be closed for one of their FOUR holidays off. 

*Speaking of Shenanigans, the first crop of Pennsylvania HONEY CRISP apples have arrived!! think I just fell in love. All over again. 

*Jinxed. 

*This time last year I was in OBX. I'd like to go back. 

* FOOTBALL. All. Weekend. Long. While I was a little sad that I did miss the season opener of ESPN's College Game Day, it was great to be able to come home from a slammed day at Shenanigans and being able to hear that one magic word. Touchdown!

* Three days of triple digit temperatures? In September? I'm moving to Alaska. 

* My favorite recipe of Banana Pudding for my birthday cake? Yahtzee. But Sara, you don't like change, and I thought you had your chocolate on chocolate on chocolate cake with peppermint ice cream every year? Well, due to some different plans this year, it's going to be a rather small birthday, and a lot of people aren't fond of banana pudding, so I like to look at it this, way: more for me. 

* Came home from work today and noticed these guys were floating around mi casa: 
#whatsupdoc?
I'm sure you're wondering where these came from. Long story short, it was a mother's day gift/activity, and we planned to paint a platter, but mother wanted to have 5 gnomes instead. Last time I checked, I thought gnomes were meant to stay outside. Which one is mine? The second one to the left, or the fourth one from the right. 

* I've added to my bucket list. See the band Coldplay in concert. I've discovered a concert channel on TV, and they've happened to perform at some concert that the channel taped. They are so relaxing and so calming. My new favorite? Fix You at Glastonbury 2011. Added bonus? Chris Martin. Wonderful. 

* Why I love birthdays: Mom's Curry Chicken. It's addicting. 

-Sara- 

No comments:

Post a Comment