Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Follow Your Bliss...

Thank you Gloria Vanderbilt. That's exactly what I plan on doing. And because of that wonderful quote of yours that you tell to your handsome and I mean handsome son, Anderson Cooper I'm dedicating this blog to you. Odd. I know, but look whos' blog you're reading.
      When I found out that the Silver Fox would be having his own talk show, I got a little giddy. Just a lil bit. But then again, I got a little nervous. Who would have thought that a man who started his career by printing fake press passes to gain access to War Zones and then make his way to the big wigs at CNN have a daytime talk show? I've seen him occasionally fill in for Regis, but I wasn't sure that he could hold his own for a whole hour. When he filled in for Regis, if he ever had those way too awk for T.V. moments, Kelly could quickly back him up. But on a wonderful glorious September 12th morning, he proved everyone that he can in fact hold his own. Most people think of Anderson Cooper as the one night he's in New York doing AC360, while the next night he could be hiding out in some apartment in the middle of Egypt reporter. On his series premiere, he interviewed the parents of the late musician Amy Winehouse. While he went out on a limb as his first guests, he did a wonderful job getting the facts, while being very conscious of the questions he asked, while the show was taped just weeks after Amy's passing. Going from a serious show, the next day he went to a show filled with comedian Kathy Griffin and SNOOKI. Yes, I said Snooki. Snooki takes Anderson to get a spray tan, while Kathy spends the weekend at his Summer lake house. Maybe I'm just blogging about how much I love Anderson Cooper, but here comes the real reason I love him.
     Late last week he tweeted that his mother Gloria Vanderbilt would be on the show. And of course, look who had to be at Shenanigan's at 9 AM? I don't know what I would do without DVR. If there's one thing that you should know about Anderson, it's that he is a very private person. He rarely talks about his personal life. But if you read his memoir Dispatches From The Edge, only the real Silver Fox fans would know that when he was just 10 years old, his 50 year old father suddenly passed away from a heart attack that would leave Anderson, his older brother Carter, and mother Gloria behind. Then in 1988, when Anderson was 21 his brother Carter suddenly died. While his mother was on the show talking about her life, and raising Anderson, there was a brief segment on the passing of his father and brother, and while I said Anderson is a very private person, it was that moment that he got choked up. He would try to go on, but while talking about his father and brother with Gloria, he had to take a few moments to compose himself before he could go on. That's where my heart melted. Just seeing those raw tears come out from a man who is so private, made my heart skip a beat, and seeing that emotion made me want to go give him a hug. Later on in the show, the producers surprised Anderson with a tape of Gloria, (yes, we're on a first name basis) talking about how proud she was of him, and wishing him nothing but the best. Queue the sappy but really Mom that was so sweet of you to tape that tears.
      I intended on keeping this post dedicated to Anderson, well... things change.
     My life is now fifty percent complete. Tuesday night was the season three premiere of gLee, and I must say, while the song choices were not my cup of tea, having Blaine Anderson transfer from Dalton Academy to William McKinley High School will no doubt be the best decision Ryan Murphy will make all season. And the way he had Blaine introduce himself to New Directions by singing Tom Jones It's Not Unusual in the school courtyard was a jackpot of an idea.
     Where's the other fifty percent Sara? It's coming. In a mere forty eight hours. As Thursday is my designated day off from Shenanigans, I have plans of coming home from school, attempt to do some research for my paper, see what the in-house resident chef has cooked up for dinner, and then do nothing until 9:00 when I will be reunited with my number one T.V. obsession. I have been waiting for this since May 27th. According to the commercials for the season premiere, it has Meredith Grey being fired from Seattle Grace Mercy West Hospital. I'm choosing not to believe that, because being the genius writer she is, Shonda Rimes knows way better than to do something like that. As long as I'm on the subject of her, she also tweeted that she has written and filmed an all boys episode. McDreamy. McSteamy. Avery. All in one episode? One word. Beautiful.

-Sara- 

No comments:

Post a Comment