Thursday, September 15, 2011

Carmageddon? I Meant Shermageddon...

I'm sure many of you have wondered why my well how was your first week of school and just how many days until Christmas Break post has not been posted. I've been a little busy. I finally have my thoughts together, so go ahead, and get a good giggle out of this one...
   After returning home from a long day at Shenanigans, I began to see my Facebook news feed blow up with nothing but complaints of the bridge that connects Indiana to Kentucky being shut down immediately due to not one, not two, but THREE major cracks in the structural support. The bridge that is now shut down until further (up to six months) notice, use to see up to 80,000 cars a day. Well guess what? There's only one other bridge that would work. That's the bridge I take to higher education. So yes, those 80,000 other cars get to travel on my bridge. Nightmares for days. Oh wait. It's a good thing I have class at 8:00.11:00 AM.
     As long as we're on the subject of driving, let me take a minute to explain how much I still despise the whole parking situation. While I did the research of how many parking spots there are on campus last Fall, everyday it shows more and more that we need more parking. It's gotten so bad, when I find someone even thinking about walking to their car, I follow them until they pull out.
     If you don't already know, I'm taking Biology and the Human world, and Rhetorical Skills for Writing and Speaking. Two totally different ends of the spectrum in so many different ways.
      My Biology class is like watching paint dry. There is only one lecture hall on the entire campus. When I toured the campus, I was told that the classroom is mainly used for Psychology classes. I wasn't a psychology major, so I didn't really pay any attention. Apparently they forgot to tell us that sometimes a Biology class meets there too. A professor who whispers and  has the voice like Charlie Brown's teacher in a room that seats 100 people, but my class only has 40? Looks like there's plenty of front row seats for me. Also, I must ask? Who asks their class if they've ever been HUMMINGBIRD WATCHING? Get. Real.
      My Rhetorical Skills professor on the other hand can be described as; what. a. doll. When I arrived for my first day of classes, my professor came up to each one of us, and personally introduced himself. Did I mention he wears a coat and tie every day to class? And every time I see him in the halls, he says "Hi Sara." I can't remember any of my other professors who does that. And as for the internet dating paper? At least I have some of the research completed.
     When I mentioned in "Apple Cider and Elevator Love Letters"  that Fall hates me, it really does. The weather can not make up it's mind. One day it can be 90 degrees, and no I'm not kidding, while today, I went to school in jeans, my UofL hoodie, and flip flops. Next weeks forecast? High in the mid 80's. Isn't the first day of Fall next week? I'm not sure how much more my sinuses can handle.
     While I was participating in my massive room cleaning, I happened to come across find an entire bucket of flip flops. Even better? All different types and color flip flops. Well, with the new discovery of all these flip flops, I decided to change (shocker) up the wardrobe, and go with my solid black Reef flip flops. We'll just say my feet are not a fan of Reefs since the discovery of my beloved Rainbo's.
     In other news; T-5 days till gLee, and exactly ONE WEEK from tonight, I'll be preparing myself for an epic night of Meredith, McDreamy and McSteamy.
     If you're needing a little pick me up, YouTube "Silhoutettes Final 4 Americas Got Talent." It's worth every minute of your time.
-Sara-

No comments:

Post a Comment