Saturday, July 30, 2011

A Moment Of Silence...

I promise I'll get back to the real format of blogging tomorrow, but we, I have ourselves a crisis. And I don't use the word crisis very often.
     It began earlier this afternoon when the love of my life (my laptop) began acting up. If you are familiar with Macbooks, you know the main component of it is the mousepad. Well, yes that was my problem. I thought to myself that this couldn't be happening. Maybe I just needed to re-start it and all would be well with the world. So it started to work again. What a relief. Less than five minutes later, stuck. Again. Okay Sara, if it doesn't work after you reboot it again, you might need to call Apple. Maybe the second times the charm. Stuck. This. Is. Not. Good. At. All. Well forget calling Apple, I'll just see if I can get help in person. Make a reservation at the genius bar? Check. Get the second to last spot for the night that was less than an hour? Double check. Off I went to the mall with my baby in hand in hopes that I would come home with it. I mean the last time I took it, it was fixed in 10 minutes.
     If there is one thing to know about me, its that I hate overstimulation situations. And one of those situations happen to be our Apple Store. I try to avoid it at all cost. It's noisy, too many people, and I will admit, its slightly addicting. So many new things to accessorize my phone or my computer. Finally, my name was called and up I walked where I would learn my moment of truth.
     "What can I help you with?" Uh well yea, the main component of my computer, the mousepad isn't working. "Let me take a look at it. Yep, definitely not working. And so you have a couple of choices. You can take it home now and bring it back later to have it repaired,or you can leave it with us for 7-10 days and we'll replace the mousepad."  My worst nightmare had come true. My heart skipped a beat. My hands started shaking. So you'd take my computer for 7-10 days and replace it? "Yes. It's usually a lot faster, but with this being back to school month, people are bringing in their computers for updates." Well, I have no choice but to leave it with you. And it will stay at the store correct? "Yes. And we have the piece in stock, so it maybe a lot faster. Do you have warranty on it?" Sure do. Best decision of my life to buy the extended warranty, because had I not, it would have cost me almost a weeks worth of work to fix it. And so I left. All by my lonesome self.
     So if we could please just take a moment to send well wishes and prayers to the people at Apple that they will get down to business and return my life to me.Preferably ASAP. And what does all this mean? No watching Grey's Anatomy at night, no blaring music from the speakers while I'm getting ready, no plugging my phone into it and updating, nothing. I could list the rest of the reasons, but I won't bore you.
     This ranks up here with Taylor Swift being post poned, but in case you're wondering how I'm frantically blogging, I'm blogging old school style. Hittin up the family desktop.
     I cannot wait for that moment that I get the call from Apple and my life can return to normal.

-Sara-

No comments:

Post a Comment