Sunday, July 3, 2011

#GetWellTaylor...

"As much as I don't want to wish June away, July can not get here fast enough. While I have heard that her  (Taylor Swift) concerts are epic, I can not wait to witness this life changing act. And be rest assured that there will be a photo blog dedicated to my idol. " What Up Summer?... June 1,2011. I'm sure you remember reading my excitement for the concert event of the summer. If there was one word to describe the event, I knew the word; epic. Epic FAIL that is. Yes. Fail. 
     The day had been perfect. I had worked with a few of my favorites, it was fourth of July weekend, the grapes had been presented beautifully and the nights plans had gotten better after finding out that two of Shenanigan's employees were tagging along with us. "Okay Sara, I'll meet you here at 5:45 and then we'll drive up to Panera for dinner." Sweet. Even though I couldn't find my dress, I had found a perfect one at Forever 21, (that's another blog of it's own) and adorable cowboy boots to match. While the outfit was slightly out of my comfort zone, this was the outfit fitted for a country queen. 
     There are pros and cons of working 7-2. On a Saturday. While it's beyond miserable having to set your alarm for the forbidden 6:30 AM, the reward is having the afternoon off. I had planned the afternoon getting ready perfectly. Get home at 2:07, nap until 3:30, shower till 3:45ish, blow dry my hair till 4:00, straighten hair at LEAST until 4:30, makeup till 5:00, and be out the door by 5:35. And I'll just reiterate the fact that I looked pretty and cute. After years of watching mi hermana do her own makeup, I had the basics down. Subtle, yet noticeable. 
     While mi hermana had essentially picked out my outfit earlier in the week, it was only fair that I have a mini photo shoot in the backyard showing off my fashion for the night. Ding. New text message"Is the Taylor Swift concert cancelled?" Hahahahahahaha. Real. Funny. "Now, now, don't be starting rumors." This can not be true. This can not be true. No. I had bought these tickets back in February and besides Gaga, this was the concert event of the year. How can she cancel? She was just in Knoxville last night. She seemed perfectly fine. Hang on let me check my phone. Three missed calls and two new texts. "Uggg. This is so stupid." "Uh yes, is the Taylor Swift concert cancelled?" "Yes, due to doctor's orders, and a case of laryngitis, she had to cancel and has been rescheduled for October 11th." Insert a pair of shaking hands and a night of total disappointment. To make things, worse, this was the first time she's had to do something like this. And of course, she picks our stop. #Bahhumbug. 
     Plain and simple: Taylor Swift concert. Cancelled. Getting ready to walk out the door. 120 minutes before the concert. 
     Just thinking about this makes me sad, as I had been waiting for this for months. I had heard so many good things about her and how  she changes lives, and I had spent Friday night YouTubing some of her hits that had been recorded from other concerts. 
     "Do you wanna go see a movie with us?"  No. Honestly, I wanted to spend the night sulking, but if I had wasted this much time, I wasn't staying home. So yes, I went in my outfit for the night and headed up to Panera, where I would meet my concert date while we sulked over Lemon Orzo soup and chicken salad sandwiches. 
     I know that I haven't ranted in a while, but seeing as this put a total damper on my weekend, I needed to rant. So I did. And... I thank you. 


-Sara-
     

1 comment:

  1. it was on my yahoo home page. i can't express how sorry i am. i know you waited for this for a long time. i hope that your tickets will be honored for a later date?! and p.s. i've been eating my nutella on toast :)

    ReplyDelete