Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I Don't Ask For Much,But...

I do have a favor to ask of my followers for a way that you can volunteer/help shape the lives of young chillens. As she was finishing up her Masters for teaching, my sister decided that when her students would ask what 500 or even 1000 somethings would look like, she would want to get 500 or 1000 of those somethings out and show them. Now when I had to do this, we were asked to bring in 100 of something. Most people brought in paper clips, rubber bands, etc. Being the dare to be different person I am, I counted out 100 "sit bits" or most commonly known as dog treats. Yea, I was that person.
     I'm all about helping a family member out, but what I'm getting ready to ask you is not all that hard and takes less than 10 seconds to complete. My family is currently on a mission to collect 10,000 pop top tabs. Yes you read that right. 10,000 pop tops. She would like to be able to use them as a math manipulative. I know this is a crazy favor to ask of you, but just think, every time you drink a refreshing, cooling, it's been one of those days cold one, please just take 10 seconds out of your day and pull it off and put it in a collection bowl. Don't think that we haven't started collecting, because we have. As a matter of fact, there is a vase that sits in her home that is 95 percent filled with them. We like to call it art. Not just a vase filled with pull tabs. 
     Now, I'm sure you're thinking "why can't she just get 10 boxes of paper clips and call it a day?" Because my sister is the type of teacher who cares about her students and wants to help enrich the students by having them collect the last 1,000 tabs. She could take the easy route and just have 10,000 somethings appear, but if you were fortunate enough to witness and hear the stories of the last two years of her schooling, you would be mighty impressed of how fab of a job she does. And did I mention she got married during those two years as well? Talk about a balancing act. 
     And for the record, I did not write this blog as a favor to her, I did it because I love her, and want to help make this task a little easier. So if you have any questions, or would like to donate some tabs, please don't hesistate to contact me on the 'book, call me, or email me. Thanks loves, you're the bestest. 
It's For A Good Cause... 
-Sara-


No comments:

Post a Comment