Saturday, November 20, 2010

He Put A Ring On It....Royal Edition...

Ding. New Text Message. I looked at my phone. Who on earth could be texting me this early? (6:04 AM) : Prince William And Kate Middleton are engaged. I was still half asleep and my day was ruined. Thanks Dad. No actually thanks Prince William. Scratch that. Thanks Kate Middleton. Being half asleep I wasn't about to check my three sources to find if this was true. I was in the middle of my two weeks of paper writing and I valued every second of sleep that I could. It was time for my already ruined day to begin. I had checked my sources. And all three sources were correct. So much for becoming the wife of the internationally well known arm candy. 
     I know somewhere in my scrap books upon scrap books of Prince William, I have the collectors edition of the April 14th 2007 Daily Mail newpaper headline that read "PRINCE WILLIAM AND KATE SPLIT" gave me hopes in becoming Her Royal Highness Sara Princess Of Whales. To the people of Great Britian, it was a headline of depressing and grim news, but to the millions of girls who were vying for the Most Eligible Bachelor in Europe, its the best headline they could ever read. 
     Before I continue, I must ask. How do you keep the worlds most well awaited engagement a SECRET FOR OVER A MONTH?? I mean seriously, when people tell me secrets, they tell me maybe three weeks out and that even wears me out. BUT A MONTH? And you carried your deceased mother's gorgeous sentimentally priceless sapphire and diamond ring for THREE WEEKS? In your POCKET? IN KENYA? And didn't tell a SOUL? Are you nuts? And I quote your beautiful fiancee, "I'll be in big trouble if I lose this." Yea you will. So don't. 
    Now that the initial hype has somewhat calmed down, there is one final question to be asked? Is this ring cursed? At the ring being valued at £30,000 when originally purchased by Prince Charles for Diana Spencer in 1980, the ring would become a symbol of a royal marriage... or so we thought. So by passing down an engagement ring, are you passing down an unsuccessful marriage? Also on the subject of the beauty of the ring, I was checking my daily blogs, and saw that an unnamed Home Shopping channel, coughcoughQVCcoughcough, has had the honors of debuting a knock off of Kate's engagement ring. Soapbox time. Excuse me. First off, it's tacky to duplicate something. Second off, it's horrible that you would sell something like this. Third off, you might as well go to Chuck E. Cheese and go spend $1.00 and get one in the robot toy picker. 
    Kate, as much as I have been sitting here blogging about my jealously that you are marrying my William, congratulations are in order as you have found your prince charming. I'll be like a kid on Christmas waiting for my invitation in the mail sometime soon. 

-Sara-  

No comments:

Post a Comment