Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Cry Me A River...

As you have read in past posts, you will see that I have an extensive list of my boyfrrriaaaandds. Sadly, that list is starting to dwindle. And quickly I might add. 
     Catching up on the gossip I had missed since serving my time at the PFM, I came home to a phone full of tweets, and texts, (which is one of my favorite little things in life) and one of those texts happened to be the day my childhood was crushed. Forever. Allow me to explain. 
     Taken from the 2010 Blog of Christmas Eve Eve Ramblings, I proclaimed my obsession with *NSYNC and Justin Timberlake: "There was a timespan in my life of when I was OBSESSED and I mean obsessed with *NSYNC. You can ask anyone in my family and they will 100 percent agree with that statement. Circa 2002(?) *NSYNC came out with a music video titled "It's Gonna Be Me". I never really listened to the lyrics, I just watched the video for Justin Timberlake's hair and fascinated with the fact they were marionettes in a toy store. *NSYNC came out with the brilliant idea to put out a line of marionette look a like dolls of themselves. Bet you can't guess what was at the top of my 2002 Christmas list? The official Justin Timberlake doll."  
     Ladies and gentlemen, today I am here to tell you that after an on again off again 4 and half year relationship, Justin Timberlake has asked for Jessica Biel's hand in marriage. There's not enough whomp whomps for what I just said. I'm not going to lie, a little piece of my heart has been broken into pieces. By now, I'm sure you're laughing at how upset I am about this, but I can remember the night that I discovered that *NSYNC was on the Tarzan soundtrack, and danced to the song all night. I also remember the afternoons that I would race home from school to watch Justin make an appearance on the MTV afternoon staple of TRL to debut his solo videos. To this day, I even get giddy when I see him make cameo appearances on SNL or Ellen. Okay fine. I will admit it that I will always have a special place in my heart for him. 
     To the soon to be Mrs. Timberlake, listen up. Start planning this wedding immediately so that I can begin the grieving process. Also, he likes to play golf in his spare time, and enjoys a good memphis batch of memphis barbecue for dinner. 
     Whomp. Whomp. For life. 

-Sara- 

No comments:

Post a Comment