Sunday, January 22, 2012

Bad News Bears...

I'm not one to focus on all the bad news, but after a semi interesting week, I must get the news out there.

Starting with January 17th, I mentioned that I went to bed when it was a rather warmish 60° when I went to bed... at 4:00. After catching up on some much needed shut eye, I was awoken to the news that I should "find the safest place in the house or the lowest level due to TORNADOES coming our way." Yes, I said tornadoes. Did I mention that this was at 10:45 in the morning? It's one thing to have it happen in January, but it's another when the 'nader happened to hit less than a mile from mi casa. Obviously, the power was out, but thanks to live wires on the main road, LG&E were out on the road after the last rain drop hit, and power back on within two hours. #majorwinning.

And then remember that one time how I told you that how excited I was that I would be able to see Lindsay live? Sara got her pacific and east coast time mixed up, and once again missed her court date. And of course, she passed with flying colors. #sleepingproblems

After the chaos of Tuesday morning, I come home to watch gLee, which happened to be amazing, per usus, they announce that it will be two weeks before airing the Michael episode.

Wednesday night, Sara has a case of feeling like two knives stabbed her sinuses. Glad that's over.

Thursday: Watch an "eh"episode of Grey's, and normally they show a preview for the following weeks show. Nope. No Grey's until FEBRUARY.

Fast forward to this weekend.....

Friday, I worked a ridiculous four hour shift with some of the favorites. Friday night fall asleep at 3:00 have to be at work at 7:00 Saturday morning.

Saturday, work a seven hour shift on three hours of sleep.

Saturday night, learn of JoPa's health, while witnessing a miraculous WIN by the UL basketball team. It's about time.

Sunday, awoke to the news that JoPa had passed, followed by the semi expected news that Gabby Giffords of AZ will be stepping down from congress this week. I must say, she has been the poster model for overcoming obstacles.

Sunday night, pretty much nap through the entire NFC playoff game, in which the Baltimore Ravens played the unmentioned Tom Brady's New England Patriots and luckily I caught the fourth quarter only to see Billy Cundiff miss the game tying field goal with 11 seconds left. And on top of that, Michael Oher comes out of the locker room in a boot. #nobueno. But as Dad puts it, "hey, at least you know Leigh Ann Touhy will be at her appearance." Good point.

What a better way to end the week than how I started it; More possible 'naders tonight. #theohiovalleylife.

-Sara-

No comments:

Post a Comment