Sunday, January 15, 2012

If You're Out There...

And you're still a faithful follower, I thank you. Immensely. I really have no logical and acceptable excuse as to why I haven't blogged in over a week. I mean if it were Summer, that's another story, but smack dab in the middle of Winter, I can't come up with a good one. Hey, at least with my absence, I've been able to collect a ridiculous amount of good stories.
     For many of you that are lucky enough to know me, you are aware that I do not obsess over much. Okay, so maybe I do over my ipod, but theres not very many physical objects that I do. Except for replacing my Charlies Angel's shoes. While reading one of my gajillion blogs, I happen to discover a pair of adorable Kate Spade black pumps with bows. So cute. So EXPENSIVE. We all know how I roll with my hard earned dollars, and find knock offs. I checked everywhere; Amazon.com, Macys.com, Zappos.com. You name it, I probably checked it. I can officially say mission accomplished. Thanks Off Broadway Shoes!
     Spring 2012 semester is officially underway. Whomp whomp. And why don't you ask how long it took me to get home from my first day of school? "Sara how long did it take you?" Too long. It takes around 25-30 minutes depending on traffic, but thanks to a stalled truck on one of two bridges, it took me 55 Minutes just. to. cross. the. bridge. And, it wasn't even rush hour. March 2nd can't get here fast enough.
     Speaking of traffic, I awoke Thursday morning to the news that our superintendent of public schools had made the decision at 9:15 when it was still 47° out that schools would be getting out two hours early because of impending snow later that afternoon. I'm all for early dismissal, but you might want to look at the weather a little closer next time.
     After a humiliating and I mean humiliating loss (31 points) to the Providence Basketball team, Dad and I set out Thursday evening to go hear what UL's head basketball Coach Rick Pitino had to say about the loss, his team, and looking ahead to the next couple of games on his weekly radio show. Nerd Alert. I forgot to mention that he was so frustrated with the loss that he sent his son who is the assistant coach to do the post game press conference, and his radio show happened to be his first showing since the loss.
     For most of my life, I have been known to enjoy the cold weather. Maybe because I was born in a semi chilly month, maybe because the cold kills all the allergens that mother nature has to offer me, or maybe because I'm just plain weird. But it has finally hit me. I'm already over of having to get up early to dress in extra layers to keep warm. The forecast this week? One day high of 59° with a low of 50° and the next day below freezing. What happened to the days of I just has to decide of what  pair of shorts I would be wearing to work? #summer2012.
     Let's just go ahead and put this next subject to rest. I'm not doing the 2012 Mini Marathon. Was it an easy decision? Yes. As weird as it may seem, I want to leave the glory of crossing the finish line there. It was an amazing feeling, and I don't want that erased. But don't fret, I am doing other things, so be on the lookout for further details.
     I'm guessing I spoke too soon when I said it wasn't too late to hop on the Tebow train. The loss against the Patriots was ugly, ugly, ugly. I also hopped on the New Orleans Saints train. Good while it lasted. I have become a fan of the Baltimore Ravens with hopes that Michael Oher of The Blindside, can complete his story and go from nobody to Super Bowl XLVI Champions. There is just one thing from getting there. Two words. Tom. Brady.
     Golden Globes tonight, gLee Tuesday night, American Idol Wednesday and Thursday night, and then a new episode of Grey's? All in one week? #winning.
     We all know how much I love quotes, so I'm leaving you with the following words of wisdom. "I'm lucky.... [but] I knew what to do with luck when it hit me." -Ben Bradlee
   
-Sara-

No comments:

Post a Comment