Thursday, January 26, 2012

One Of These Days...

I will actually get some sleep. I can hear the hundreds of the motherly voices now. I won't mention the individual, but as I sit here typing this, those wise words of an unmentioned individual are running through my mind. I'll learn... One of these days.

Peyton Manning, it was fun watching you play coach from the sidelines this year, but it's time for you to enjoy retirement.

Mom made a fabulous dinner Thursday night. I didn't happen to mention she made a brand new meal out of train wreck did I? Italian? Check. Mexican? Check. Chinese? Check. All of those into a super fab enchilada casserole? #WinnerWinnerChickenDinner.

Driving home from school in the pouring down rain, I happened to glance over at the Ohio River, in which you could barely see, and said to myself, "If I was a better driver, I would have so taken a picture of that." Don't worry I didn't. Why would I have taken a picture? Layers upon layers of thick fog rolling in. Kinda cool if you ask me.

As long as we're on the subject of driving, word on the street is that the bridge that has been closed since SEPTEMBER will open up a week early. You may be thinking, "Great. Who cares." You don't understand how exciting this is. No more 70,000 extra cars driving across my bridge. No more making myself car sick by sitting in stop and go stop and go traffic. The real kicker in all of this? After this bridge project is fixed, supposedly there are cracks in the bridge that I use to get to school. Can I for once just please have an easy drive?

I love family birthday parties.

My latest song on repeat for dayyyyyssss? Jason Mraz's "I Won't Give Up". Absolutely beautiful.

Due to schedule conflicts, I was unable to make dinner last week. Oops. What a better way to reclaim my cooking glory than making homemade Chicken De Van? Yessss. Sirrr.

I officially started my training for my next big athletic event this year. Once I reveal what it is, it'll be one of those "well that doesn't sound all that hard" events, but after I did some preliminary research on it, it's a lot harder than it sounds.

The finale to my Polar Bear Grand Prix races are next weekend. Best news I've written all week. You know how much I enjoy running, but running with the forecast of ice? Eh, not so much.

American Idol has officially started for it's eleventh season, and this time last year, I already picked out my two favorite/ front runners for last season, and sadly, I have yet to do that this year. No where near as good.

Sara has found a new blog. It's on the verge of addicting. Allow me to introduce to you whatkatewore.com. Yes. The Duchess of Cambridge has a blog dedicated to what she wears and where you can get it. I enjoy looking at her dresses, but do you really think I care where I can get her wardrobe? Nope. I'm far more interested when her arm candy makes an appearance like this:

 The Sun Military Awards 

Next weekend cannot get here fast enough. So many ridiculously fun things to look forward to.

-Sara-

No comments:

Post a Comment