Saturday, December 31, 2011

Wind It Up...

Remember that one time where I once stated that 2009 could and never be beaten? Well I'm afraid it has. How so? Let me explain.
     As I entered 2011, I had written down a list goals for myself. While making these goals, one wise woman suggested I write 75 blogs. Yea right. Between training for the mini, school, and work, I wouldn't have time. I wrote it down anyway, but pretty much ignored it. Guess who has successfully completed that goal and has now written 96 blogs. Ol' girl right here. I must say, while writing these blogs brought back so many good memories, I was able to see how far my writing has come. #Soproud.
     Another goal that I completed and to this day I'm still not sure how I did, was training and running the mini marathon. When I set my mind out to do it, I knew I had gotten over my head. I know that my beloved followers were there with me every step of the way, but as I think back, how was I going to achieve this goal if I got off the treadmill six times because I felt like I was going to pass out? Yes, there were some days that the last thing I wanted to do was run, but if I wanted to keep my goal within reach, I was determined to train. Run the mini marathon? CHECK.
     2011 also brought me the goal of pushing my fears out of the way, and trying new things. Yes, I found myself panicked at times, but really? Going to a Lady Gaga concert? Zip-lining? Who would have thunk?
     The biggest thing that 2011 allowed me to experience was facing the fact that I was no longer a child, and became an adult. Yikes. While there were some fun moments, (see We Were Out Of Postage Stamps) there were a handful of not so fun moments, #GetWellTaylor that made me truly believe that I, was no longer a child.
     2011 also taught me at moments that at times it is time for me to move on. Included in that? I have slowly started to accept the fact Mer/Der will not be returning for Grey's Anatomy season 9, and with that, I do not watch my Grey's Anatomy DVD every night. But for those of you who care, I have already pre-ordered Season 8. Hey it was on sale. I couldn't help it. It's gonna be a long nine months. Talk about moving on. I'll leave it at that.
     With the thought of doomsday (12-21-12) looming over my head, I must say that I am very much looking forward to the New Year. 2012? I have two words for you; Bring. It.

-Sara-

No comments:

Post a Comment