Saturday, August 13, 2011

Rule #76: No Excuses. Play Like A Champion...

Sorry for the delay in blogging, but as you see below, I was a little busy becoming a Warrior. After a they weren't kidding when they said 3.01 hellish miles Warrior Dash race, I can officially say I have now experienced the best three Saturdays of my life; Warrior Dash rounding out the top three. Everything from OUTLET Shopping Friday afternoon, to experiencing the course itself, it was a weekend I'll never forget. And we all know how much I love me some pictures, there's only one way to relive the amazing weekend. Picture time. And for once it wasn't just pictures of inanimate objects. So sit back, relax, and be glad I was the one experiencing it, not you.
What I Do Best. Carb Loading. 
Pre-Freakout. 
Make Your Own Pancakes. In The HOTEL.
Sup Warrior Dash. 
No Turning Back Now. 
Mr. T. Came To Run With Me. 

 Due to the course literally being a 3.01 hellish mile nature hike, we were only able to get pictures at the finish line. So what you are about to see, is one big finish line photo dump. Enjoy.

Just Jumping Over Live Flames. nbd. 
Giant Mud Bath Anyone? 
Barbed Wire With Mud? Sure. 
Ouch. 
Superman? I Meant Warrior. 
New Use For Corn Bags.
Wouldn't Trade It For The World. 
As the last picture caption says, I wouldn't have traded anything to be anywhere else. I'm not gonna lie; while I was a little scared watching the people jumping over the flames before my race and thinking what on earth did I get myself into, I did a little flashback to where I was three years ago. Three years ago, I could never imagine myself signing up for something like this, never the less a simple 5K.
     If you're wondering what my time was, I'm not exactly sure. Being the math genius I am, I figured this; I started at 10:30, ran, with the occasional (11) obstacles, and finishing at 11:20, it took around 50 minutes. It wasn't about the time, it was about the experience. And with my wave being filled with 500 people, I'd say that's pretty good if  I say so myself.
     Next up? Outrunning Autism 5K September 24th.

-Sara- 

1 comment: