Friday, August 19, 2011

Fearless Is Not The Absence Of Fear...

Oh,Taylor Swift, just one more reason I love you.
     There were many reasons I decided to write this blog, one reason being it's a great way for me to go back and relive the good and bad moments in life. And while this week will be just one more reason Summer 2011 will never be able to beat Summer of 2009, I thought I might express my week through the thoughts of the one, the only, Meredith Grey. While I know that this post may be on the line of obsessive, she tells me like it is. And sometimes you just gotta hear it like it is.
   
"The thing about plans is they don't take into account the unexpected, so when we're thrown a curve ball, whether its in the OR or in life, we have to improvise. Of course, some of us are better at it than others. Some of us just have to move on to plan B and make the best of it. And sometimes what we want is exactly what we need. But sometimes, sometimes what we need is a new plan."

     "We're all susceptible to it, the dread and anxiety of not knowing what's coming. It's pointless in the end, because all the worrying and the making of plans for things that could or could not happen, it only makes things worse. So walk your dog or take a nap. Just whatever you do, stop worrying. Because the only cure for paranoia is to be here, just as you are."

     "As doctors, we're trained to be skeptical, because our patients lie to us all the time. The rule is, every patient is a liar until proven honest. Lying is bad. Or so we are told constantly from birth—honesty is the best policy, the truth shall set you free, I chopped down the cherry tree, whatever. The fact is, lying is a necessity. We lie to ourselves because the truth, the truth freaking hurts."

While the dark and twisty Meredith Grey did tell me that the truth hurts, she did give me this glimmer of hope: "
Some days the whole world seems upside down. And then somehow, and improbably, and when you least expect it, the world rights itself again." 

-Sara-

P.S.- Start preparing yourselves. Sara starts school August 29th. 

No comments:

Post a Comment