Saturday, January 15, 2011

'Tis The Season...

Fa ra ra ra ra. Aren't the holidays over? Sadly yes, but we do have Valentines Day, St Patricks Day, Easter and DERBY to look forward to. And why I did enjoy my crazy, busy, fun holiday break, there is another season that has kicked off. AWARDS SEASON! And I'm sure this is one thing that goes one ear and out the other, but for me being a hollywood know it all (yes I did just call myself a know it all) this is one season that I care about.
     Well Sara, if you don't have the attention span to sit and watch movies, then why do you care to sit and watch a three hour show to watch a bunch of people sitting around eating dinner and waiting for their names to be called on stage and give sappy thank you speeches?
     As these reasons are not in any order, my first reason is because it is live television. We're talking live television here. Okay so maybe it's three second delayed live television (Thanks Janet) but still, you never know what can happen with live television. The thing I love about it is, it keeps you on your toes. It makes the viewers actually tune in, and not watch the end for all the big awards. Remember the VMA's Kanye West Moment? And who can forget the countless number of Paula Abdul American Idol Drunken Moments?
     Go ahead and laugh at what I'm getting ready to admit. Yes I do love those sappy acceptance speeches. Okay, so maybe I'm not a fan of the acceptance speech given to the winner of the best makeup in a major motion picture, because really, who cares about that? Yea yea yea, you did a great job painting a face on someone that I'm sure took three hours coughcoughAVATARcoughcough, but I like the big award speeches. Who can forget the every time I watch it, the speech still gives me goosebumps for Best Actress Sandra Bullock for her portrayal as LeAnn Tueoy in The Blindside. In case you forgot what she said in her tear jerking speech, here ya go. This is just an excerpt. If you want to read the rest google it. "She said to be an artist, you had to practice every day, and for reminding her daughters that there’s no race, no religion, no class system, no color, nothing, no sexual orientation that makes us better than anyone else. We are all deserving of love." 
     I've saved the best two reasons for last. My second to last favorite part of it is the hours upon hours upon hours of Red Carpet Coverage. There is something about it that makes me giggle like a fifth grade girl when I see the advertisements of the coverage. If you care to know what is my favorite red carpet, I must say it has to be the Oscars. Why you ask? Because it starts at noon. And continues until 7:59 when the show starts at 8:00. Yes. Eight solid hours of non stop celebrities in their Sunday best. Oh and who can forget the masters of all Red Carpet Ceremonies? The one, the only, Ryan Seacrest. 
     And who can forget the FASHION. There is no doubt that this has to be my favorite part of awards season. I think it's the reason I watch eight solid hours of Red Carpet coverage. And don't think I judge every single dress that goes down each carpet; because I do. From the ugly, ugly, ugly, to the oh em gee, I do love me some awards season. 
     Care to follow my obsession of awards season? I have conveniently attached a handy dandy schedule for you: January 16th: 68th Annual Golden Globes (NBC). January 25th: Academy Awards Nominations January 30th: Screen Actor Guild Awards (TNT). February 13th: British Academy Film Awards (BAFTA) February 13th: Grammy Awards (CBS)  February 26th Razzie Awards. February 27th: The 83rd Annual Academy Awards (ABC). 
Love.
Wedding Dress.

Yikes.
C-L-A-S-S-I-C.
-Sara-

1 comment:

  1. omg. you read my mind. basically award season is my second favorite holiday season :) love it. oh and my favorite acceptance speech?? julia roberts for her win in erin brokovich! :)

    ReplyDelete