Saturday, January 1, 2011

Return Of The Green Goo... Part Deux...

When we last checked in with Sara, she was headed off to the hostess with the mostess's house for an exciting and I mean exciting second round of Christmas. I didn't need anything else for Christmas. I just wanted my family to behave for the special Christmas guests. Please, just three hours of good behavior is all I asked for.
     And since your's truly could walk, look who got stuck with being elf again?! I'm not complaining that I was elf for the 20th year in a row, I'm just saying that I can not wait when I do not become the youngest so instead of serving, I can be served for once. Dishing out round one of presents, it was time to open. "No no, Sara, you don't want that one first." Okay, I'll get this one instead. Dot to dot books for the win. And these are not the type of dot to dot books that are easy for young chillens. We're talking starting with number one and ending with 250. These books will keep me entertained for hours. Not kidding. 
     After everyone had opened their presents, there I sat with one rather large shaped box with wrapping paper that donned ornaments and a big silver bow. "Sara, that's good paper so save it. I'll get you a knife so you can cut it neatly." After a morning of controlled unwrapping choas, I'm excpected to neatly unwrap this paper? You crazy. I guess it's one of the responsibilties that come with my family. A blue box. We all know I'm not a fan of jewlery, so it couldn't be from Tiffany and Co. But as the saying goes, "never trust the box." Schew. It wasn't from Tiffanys. A blue box with Easter Grass. I saw a tiny speck of a square grey device. Shut. Up. No. Way. If I do remember quoting in"You'll Shoot Your Eye Out" that I wanted Amazon.com to reduce the price of their Kindle. I couldn't wait until January 4th for it to go on sale. Yessssss sirrr. I got a KINDLE for Christmas. Apparently my family can pull off one believable lie. And I can believe it. "We had to unwrap it so I could register it and then degregister it, but I have all the paperwork for you to put it in your name." It's a good thing I had a wish list of books on Amazon.com that could be delievered to my hot little hand in less than 60 seconds. And the present I wanted to open first? Oh yes. A gift certificate from Amazon for books. I was in heaven. By this time, I didn't care if my family behaved or not.  I had gotten my wish. My Kindle.
     For as long as I can remember, the doors to the dining room had always been opened, but this year they had been closed. Was there another present behind the doors? No really you shouldn't have. "Dinner is served." Yikes.  The doors had opened we had walked into the most gorgeous table setting I have ever seen. The hostess with the mostess had hit it out of the ball park. There is always a color theme for the table and because we had special guests, she pulled out all the stops and chosen Blue Christmas. Everything from the Tiffany Blue tablecloth to the Snowflake encrusted place cards, (yes place cards for a table of 10) and  the ultimate poppers filled with a wine opener and a pink paper crown, it was time for the return of the green goo. No first people giving this time. The first course filled with green goo and oytsers went off without a hitch. So far so good.
    For the dedicated readers who read First People Giving, remember reading about the almost but failed eating of the turkey leg by a four legged friend. There's really no other way to put this. The furry friend who shall rename nameless succeeded with the eating of the leg. This may be new information to some people, but I thought it would be best if this information came out AFTER the meal. Added bonus? We have full documentation/pictures.
     No one else was getting in line for lunch so I braved the crowds and filled the plate with turkey, turkey skin, potatoes, gravy, normal stuffing WITHOUT oysters, aspargus, and since she was sick so will you please make them at Easter but sister shubert rolls are pretty good subsitute rolls. The table was pretty quiet which meant that everyone seemed to be enjoying their meal. Doged another bullet.
      Christmas 2010 has come and gone without a hitch. And now we wait until the next holiday. Easter is just a mere 112 days away.
     
-Sara-

2 comments:

  1. OMG i want to come to one of your family functions. It's my secret (or not so secret) dream. hahaha!!! love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara. You are right it was a fun day until the flight home ,that was long ,long I sure enjoy your blogs keep up the good work
    Buddy

    ReplyDelete