Wednesday, January 12, 2011

She's Somebody's Hero...

"If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you." Author Unknown. I'd really like to know who said this because they couldn't have said it better. Coming home from school from a windy, chilly, ugly, high of a sweltering 27 degrees ohio valley day in just a sweatshirt, short sleeved t-shirt underneath, jeans and wallabees, she questioned me in that motherly advice tone: "Aren't you freezing? Where's your coat? Your gloves?" She asked, so I gave her my honest answer; "Well I didn't think it was going to be that cold. And it's really not. It's just the wind in the face is what gets you. And you know how I feel about coats; they're uncomfortable to drive in, they're bulky, and when you take it off, I have carry that thing around. My gloves? I just forgot them." Whoops. So in honor of this conversation this very day, it is only appropriate that I take this time and blog some of the lessons I have learned from my hero; My mother.
     No matter what I do, I know she'll always be there. Sign up for classes when you're supposed to. Sick? Push fluids. Be sure to eat your protein. Socks will keep your body warm. Emotions will eat you up if you don't release them. Life doesn't have to be hard. Things will work out the way they are supposed to be. You can't be trusted in white shirts. Worrying will get you no where.Don't be afraid to ask for help. Don't mix solid whites in with darks. Sometimes all you need is a hug.
      I know that this is only a small list of lessons learned from this never ending wise woman, but the fact that I can not name all of the lessons she has taught me, I consider that a complement.
     Thank you for always keeping the snack drawer filled, spending hours upon hours listening to my pointless rants, helping me solve life's problems, allowing me to be a kid for one more day, and continuing to love me no matter how many times I may get on your nerves. :)
    In the words of the great Jimmy Buffet, "Lord have mercy, I'm a piece of work."

-Sara-

1 comment:

  1. omg. this post has me in near-tears. maybe it's because i'm feeling so sick and it makes me miss my mom. but i think it's more because i's precious. you are precious. this might be your sweetest post yet.

    ReplyDelete