Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Golden Post...

Wait. What? I've already blogged 49 fabulous posts before this one?! Yeesh. Time flies when I blog. It seems just like yesterday that I wrote my first post on that hot, humid, August 2010 night. I have truly enjoyed blogging the latest in Hollywood, and more recently the ridiculous and halarious happenings of my so called life. I promise that I will make an effort to blog more about the shenanigans of Hollywood, but with Lilo's drug tests coming back clean, there's little excitement out there. As for me, I do have some excitement of my own.
     It all began on one of those picture perfect July Michigan afternoons. The family had gone home to begin the work week, while the wonderful people at Shenanigan Headquarters allowed me to take another week off which gave me a much needed two week vacation to the shores of Lake Michigan. I could go on and on and on about the bajillion things I love about the great state of Michigan. The family, falling asleep to the waves of the great lakes, the smell of the michigan air, and the short walk between the house we occupy the two weeks and my aunt and uncles house. From where we stay to their house it is a mere 1/4  mile walk down the sandy shores. Making a round trip one half mile.
     I had put an idea into my head, but I wasn't ready to share it quite yet. I had to walk the full mile walk a few more times before I officially decided to pursue this so called idea. Each time I did the walk, my idea became easier and easier. It was that final mile that officially made me decide to announce what I was doing. The suspense is killing you isn't it?
     I can remember the outfit of khaki shorts and a t-shirt when I waddled into the refreshing calm waves of Lake Michigan and began what seemed to be a great idea at the time conversation with my mother and grandmother. "What would you say..." I could still back out now and decide not to do it. But if I completed my sentence, there was no backing out now. "If I ran the mini marathon?" Silence. Bahahahahahahaha. "When is it?" Now mind you this was July 2010. "April 30th." "I'm not trying to be mean, but Sara you can't run." Thank you Captain Obvious. Clearly aware of that. "I know, but this is something that I've kinda been wanting to do. And I think it could be kind of fun." "You know that I will support you in whatever you do, and I will be at that finish line."
     In case you didn't understand/believe what I just typed, I'm running the Mini Marathon of 13.1 miles on April 30th.
     Knowing that this conversation was not to be shared outside the shores of Lake Michigan, it was Operation Sara Keep Walking That Mile Everyday To Build Up My Stamina Before The REAL Training Began: a.k.a pre pre training for this historic race.  I would continue to walk the mile each day I was there. And as I told myself, it's only 26 trips back and forth. It didn't seem all that bad.
     Vacation had come to an end and I was headed back to reality to a land where beaches didn't exist and if I really wanted to go through with my plan, I would be faced with becoming one with the last time I got on it, was January 2009 treadmill. Along with becoming one with my so called new friend, I would need to part with my hard earned $50.00 to register for the in some years it has been sold out with over 30,000 people running this race. "Are you sure you want to register? Click Yes or no?" "Congratulations! You have officially registered for  2011 KDF Mini Marathon." Excellent. No turning back now.
     And as of this post: 96 Days, 10 Hours, and 38 Minutes until I achieve running greatness.

-Sara-

1 comment:

  1. WHAT?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!! I didn't know about this?! We must talk.

    ReplyDelete