Thursday, March 1, 2012

Daydream Believer...

I'm sure you're starting to get antsy about the time between blogs. And once again, I really don't have a valid excuse. Well, okay, maybe I do. It's the fact that Hollywood has been nothing but boring for the last couple of weeks. BUT then came this past weekend, and then it got exciting. And may I forewarn you, this post is another long "where does she get some of these ideas?" post.

* We all know what last weekend was, and if you don't you probably live in a cave. It was Hollywoods Prom night (or as most commoners know, the 84th Annual Academy Awards) and with Sara being off work, I had a prior engagement in the morning, and after that I was free for the afternoon/evening. So Sara, what did you do all afternoon? Laundry? Nope. Clean your room? Nope. Homework? Yes. Cook dinner? Nope. Watch the seven hour marathon of Oscar coverage? Sure thing. Yes, it got tedious at times, but having Darren Criss and Kermit the Frog sing Rainbow Connection helped break things up.

*As long as we are on the subject of The Oscars, I had the privilege of witnessing Ryan Seacrest being "bisquicked" by the "dictator" (also known as the Borat/scandalous actor Sasha Beron Cohen.) The week leading up to the Oscars, the Academy found out about his promoting act, he (the Dictator) was uninvited, but somehow managed to find his way in. Costume and all. Making his way down the 600 feet Red Carpet, his first stop was the E! platform, and with Ryan having hosting duties, the Dictator "accidentally dumped the ashes of Kim Jong Ill" or just dumped a box of bisquick all over his priceless Burberry Suit. Nbd. Following the incident, Ryan tweeted, "My mother always told me to pack two jackets for the Red Carpet. Now I know why." 


* Along with The Oscars, the geniuses over at NASCAR decided to compete with them, and thought, "Why would boys want to watch The Oscars, when they can have NASCAR?" Not so fast. In the history of the 54 years that the Daytona 500, it has never had to be postponed until the next day. Ol girl was able to see history being made, when the decision was made to post pone the race until Monday afternoon because of rain. Looking at the futurecast for Monday afternoon, they decided to post post pone again until Monday night. Finally at 7:00 the race went under a green flag and dry track. Fast forward three hours later, when a part of the track caught on fire. Yes, I said fire. Something about one of the drivers hitting a jet dryer car, and made it go into flames. And then the driver managed to tweet a picture right after it happened. If you really want details, ask my father. My favorite tweet from the nights incident had to have come from somewhere where it was instantly re-tweeted multiple times, "This is the James Taylor 500. I've seen fire and rain." 


* Bored yet? Told ya it was going to be a long one.

* In honor of the legendary late musician Davey Jones, I have titled this Daydream Believer. When I told Mom of the news, she had found out right after it happened, and her response? "Oh, I wasn't going to tell you. I didn't think you would know who he was." Uh, duh. Yes I do as a matter of fact. I recognized him from the episode of The Brady Bunch when Marsha writes to him to try to be the performer at her school dance. I forget why he shows up, but yes, thats where I know him from, and thats all that matters.

* Tim Tebow and Taylor Swift dating? There have been no comments from either sides "camp"/reps.

* A tedious 29 week wait until the return of The National Football League. I'm not one for the NFL, but it's a lot better than the 27 weeks of the MLB. As long as we are on the subject of the NFL, allow me to express my thought on the fact that because of the political conventions, the NFL does not want to interfere with that, and the honchos of the NFL have decided that WEDNESDAY September 5th will kick off the opening night of the season. Last time I checked it is always supposed to be the THURSDAY after Labor day. Yeesh.

* This past weekend also happened to be The NBA's All Star weekend, and to kick things off,  Friday was the annual Celebrity All Star Game. Because of the hilarious impromptu and much needed family dinner, I saw that it was on, and DVRed it. Before heading into dinner, I saw that ESPN tweeted something about the Secretary of Education making some sort of dunk. Wait. What? The Secretary of Education playing in the Celebrity Game? I know he works with the President, but he's considered a celebrity? I thought nothing of it, and went on. I happened to catch the end of it, and witnessed the Secretary of Education in fact playing basketball.

* The Biebs has officially become an adult. Weird? Maybe.

* My new life's simple pleasures? PFM's White Cheddar Pimento Cheese and Synders Pretzels Old Fashioned Dipping Sticks. I wasn't a fan of the cheese because of the texture, but after checking out a customer with those two items, it sounded good, and the rest is history.

* While serving my time at the PFM, I was lucky enough to answer the phone, and at the other end, it was the representative for the Kentucky Derby Festival Derby Pins, and she was calling to let my boss know that she was sending someone over today with the first official shipment of pins of the season. #TalkDerbyToMe.


* Not to toot my horn horn, (toot toot) but I'm pretty smart when it comes to knowing the simplest things. Attempting (keyword attempting) to put a reminder on our stainless steel refrigerator for someone to put my Gatorade in the freezer in the morning, of course, I used a magnet. It didn't want to stick. I thought okay, defective magnet, lame sauce. I found another magnet. Still didn't stick. Third times the charm. NOPE. FYI: Stainless steel and magnets don't go together. Dur dur dur.

* Damaging Tornadoes in February with another round tomorrow afternoon. And I must also add that we did not receive a deep hard freeze this Winter. #OhioValleyWinterProblems.

* After hearing the sad news of Davey Jones passing, I happened to hear the news that Snooki is with child. Future cast mate of The Jersey Shore?

* Looks like I'll be hopping on the Suzanne Collins hit trilogy of "The Hunger Games" train. I was never a fan of the whole futuristic fantasy genre, but I know people who don't read, and they've told me that they finished the series in less than a week. And thats saying something.

* If you're still reading, you get a gold medal.

* The latest installment of Dancing With The Stars has been released, and I'm sure you're expecting a post on that. Well, I'm giving you a shortened version. Four words. Team Erkel. Team DeGraw.  I'm only giving you that because I don't know who the other people are. I do know who is on the show, I've just never heard of them.

* Speaking of reality TV, the live shows of American Idol have kicked off, and I've found my final four three. Team Reed, Team Colton, Team Skylar, and Team Holly. No where near as good as last years, but they'll do.

* Saturday night cannot come soon enough. After a week of closing at my home away from home, and experiencing a sleepless night (or two) I have devised a plan that has a little bit of what the doctor ordered.

* [A] mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled. -Emily Dickinson

* The best decision I've made all week? (Besides my Saturday night plan?) Adding Kentucky Sports Radio And Card Chronicle Blogs to my Google Reader App on my phone. Instant humor whenever, wherever I want it.

* The UL basketball team lost to University of South Florida on SENIOR NIGHT. It's one thing to loose to a team that has never been to the Big Dance, but it's another to lose on Senior Night. Embarrassing.

* The start of the triple crown of running takes place this weekend. The Anthem 5K is Saturday morning, and compared to this time last month, the weather better be on my side. I don't think I can run another race in cold, pouring down rain. It's just miserable.

* Charles Barkley of NBA and SNL fame, has predicted that UK will win the 2012 NCAA Mens Basketball National Championship. My thoughts? No comment.

* Operation Luke Russert: 40 Days.

* For those of you who actually stuck with me through this, I thank you. This blog has been almost a week in the making, and it has come together quite nicely.

-Sara-

No comments:

Post a Comment