Friday, March 2, 2012

Heartache Tonight...

* Damaging Tornadoes in February with another round tomorrow afternoon. And I must also add that we did not receive a deep hard freeze this Winter. #OhioValleyWinterProblems.
     Yes, I realize that what you just read, I wrote a mere 24 hours ago.  And if I can, and I will, I wish anything for me to take that back. Yes, I'm not the type of person to hang around when it comes to a good ole fashioned Spring storm. I despise them with everything I have, when I hear of an impending storm, I worry until it's over. There was one point in my life that I thought that I was slowly starting to get over them, and then that thought failed miserably. 
     After experiencing an absolutely gorgeous day Thursday, there had been talks of a severe to moderate risk for Tornadoes Friday afternoon. Insert worrisome Sara. Hearing that sort of news, Thursday night I began checking the local and national weather radars and blogs... like a hawk. The way the local blogs were explaining it said that we would have two rounds of this stuff, with the first round being almost like a warm up, and then somewhere between the hours of 4-7 is when this "potentially dangerous storm" would slam the city I love and adore. And when I say "potentially dangerous storm" I mean CNN, the trained professional storm chasers from the Great Plains and my personal favorite Jim Cantore were called in. Insert my blood pressure just shot up at least 60 points Sara. 
     "Sara, breathe. You're really good at talking yourself out of something like this, and the head honchos said in order for us to avoid the worst of it, the atmosphere needs to stay rainy and cloudy." I kept repeating that to myself, and with the love and support of sometimes I'm not sure what I would do with out them parents, we managed to avoid the center of the storm. Thirty minutes north of us? Not so much. 
     That's why I'm writing tonight. I'm asking you to say a little prayer for the towns of Henryville and Marysville Indiana. Both towns were flattened in a matter of minutes, with the Henryville Junior and Senior high school being demolished and the town of Marysville is non-existent. 
     I'm not going to lie, I never thought something like this would hit so close to home. I wish I could have taken a picture of my Facebook Newsfeed after the storm so you could see the statuses that were dedicated to not only those towns, but others who may have been hurt, or suffered damage to their home or property. 
     As serious as this event was, there were a few comical moments during the day, and one of those happened to be my new found love of obsessive tweeting with multiple hashtags. The other moment? Which happened to be my favorite, when I was checking the short term forecast, (and short term I mean the next six hours) I happened to come across this picture... 
Sunny And Nice? Try Stormy And Windy. 
Again, if there's one thing you do tonight, I ask that you say a little prayer for all the states, and counties involved in this rare batch of early Spring Storms... 


-Sara- 

No comments:

Post a Comment