Sunday, March 25, 2012

Battle Of New Orleans...

I'll stop posting about basketball come April 3rd, but what has happened this weekend deserves its own post of its own. So if you're bored of an event of March Madness, you might want to leave.  
     It seems just like yesterday that every time I turned around, I kept seeing tweet after tweet that read, so and so will sit out the game against ______ due to a concussion, or so and so is out for six weeks because of a sprained ankle. The season for UL basketball wasn't looking all that bright, but having grown up in an UL household, of course, I would stick with them through the good times and bad. #dedicatedfan.
     Then came the Big East Tournament. And we all know that outcome. Then it was time for the big dance. A number four seed and playing out west it was. Make it past the first round? Check. Make it to the Sweet 16? Check. That was good enough for me. I would have been satisfied. If we wanted to go farther, we would have to play the Number 1 seed Michigan State. Well, it was fun while it lasted. Make it to the Elite 8? Check. This was starting to get real. After beating the unmentioned team, it was on to take on number 7 seed Florida. We had a slight problem. I would have to work during this game. My stomach had gotten tighter as the day went on, but I kept repeating to myself, "Sara. Chill out. This is just a game. In no way does it affect your life." Well, it kinda sorta does, but whatever. I could deal.  *Note, if and when we would beat Florida, our next opponent? The University of Kentucky Wildcats in a repeat of a dream game. Also known as a repeat of New Years Eve. Yes. A FINAL FOUR NCAA game against our in state rivals. Beat Florida? Check. Next up,  the Number 1 OVERALL seed the UK Wildcats. While I am incredibly nervous, I am so excited to be a resident of this great state. What an amazing week to have Spring Break. This state will be so much fun to watch and to experience.

From Loosing First Round (2011) 

To THIS. See You Saturday. 

-Sara-

No comments:

Post a Comment