Sunday, August 8, 2010

From The Parent Trap To Lynwood...

As I mentioned in the first post, I promised I would blog about my thoughts on the Lindsay Lohan saga. One of my favorite things to follow in Hollywood is the celebrity justice. Whether it's celebrity mug shots (good or bad) or to full drawn out trials, I keep a very close eye on them. Thanks Court TV! To those who don't know the complete story, I'll give you refresher. In 2007, Lindsay was charged with a DUI, reckless driving, driving on a suspended license and possession of narcotic charges. Hours after her arrest, and posting bail, she was checked into an undisclosed rehab facility. She eventually pled guilty to the seven misdemeanor charges and agreed to a plea deal that included three years probation, a day in jail, along with an eighteen month alcohol education program. Fast forward two years and two horrible movies later. Now we get to the good stuff. After showing up almost a hour late to her probation hearing, she is given a whole year added on to her already three year probation. Why's that you ask? She was too busy partying instead of attending her alcohol education classes. After the sudden death of MJ last summer, I thought nothing could top that. I was so wrong.
     This past May the world was introduced to Shawn Chapman Holley and Judge Marsha Revel. Judge Revel had scheduled a probation hearing for Lindsay to attend and appear. Slight problem: "But Judge, my passport was stolen. I did everything I could to get home." Or translate to: "I was having such a good time in Cannes promoting another box office bomb, I didn't want to come home." Uh newsflash. That didn't fly with Judge Revel. Now we get to the good stuff. After "attempting" to get home, Lindsay had a date with Shawn Chapman Holley and Judge Revel. As a welcome home present, Judge Revel gave Lindsay a SCRAM bracelet. After being slapped with a scram bracelet, her peers thought this would do the trick. With SCRAM bracelet in tact, Lindsay attends a MTV movie awards after party. I smell trouble. Rumors :)  sparked the next morning that the bracelet alarm went off and detected alcohol in her system. An emergency probation meeting was scheduled with the outcome that Lindsay would meet with the Judge and her attorney July 6, 2010.
     I can remember the day clearly. It was a Tuesday morning and couldn't wait to see what would unfold at the Beverly Hills Courthouse. Now keep in mind there is a three hour time difference between KY and California. The hearing would take place sometime during the hour of eight o'clock California time. I had work at noon, but figured the meeting wouldn't take but fifteen to twenty minutes. It killed me to have to leave to go work. But with the amazing technology of cell phone these days I was able to follow the case through text messages. After a day filled with tears, lies, and backstabbing, Lindsay would surrender to authorities and report to Lynwood jail to serve a ninety day jail sentence by July 20th. Immediately following her jail stint, she would report to rehab for ninety days. And of course, when she surrenders, I'm on vacation visiting a statue garden.  I was able to see clips of her surrendering and my favorite part of this entire saga may have to be having glitter being thrown on her like it was New Year's Eve. Because of overcrowding and good behavior, it was decided that she would only spend fourteen days at Lynwood jail. Lucky duck. My vacation came to an end, and the jail bird would be released. Planning on watching live feed from the jail, I had set myself up for success; a couple diet cokes, a nap at some point in the day, and an ipod filled with music to pass the time. Forgetting the time difference, I waited up until three o'clock Louisville time. At 3:01 I clicked on my ever so handy tmz.com in hopes with live feed. Nothing there. Three thirty; No Lindsay in sight. I was gonna be miffed if I had missed it. Finally at three thirty our time, I gave in  and got some shut eye. I awoke a few hours later only to see she had been released at 1:35 California time. Dumb time difference. She was immediately transported to UCLA medical center for a ninety day stint in rehab. Now we wait. We wait to see who will get the first post jail and rehab interview. In the mean time, I have the Anna Nichole Smith Trial.
    Finally, here is my opinion on this saga. As much as I hate to say it, I enjoyed following this train wreck. From her court fashion to her mascara ruined tears of lies. Sometimes I think that this is some really bad movie being played out, but then I quickly remember that she is a human being on this earth. I think there's a strong possibility that her younger sister Ali will follow down this path and not learn from her mistakes. It's sad to see the choices that Lindsay has made, but in all honesty, I hope that this fifth stint in rehab can clean her life up.  I'll be interested to see who snags the first interview? Never the less, I'll be like a kid on Christmas Morning waiting at my mailbox.

-Sara-

1 comment:

  1. love it. had me giggling the whole time :) and i think people will get the first interview....she's burned bridges with vanity fair already/US weekly is too trashy. just my take.

    ReplyDelete