Friday, November 11, 2011

Saraisms...

After feedback from some of my loyal followers, it seems as if there has been some confusion related to my vernacular. 

Charlie's Angels Shoes: High heeled black shoes for when ballet flats just won't do the trick. 

Chip: My four wheeled best friend: Green volvo with 128,000 miles. 

Coldplay: Current music obession. Band hails from London, England. Lead singer Chris Martin married to Academy Award nominee Gywenth Paltrow and father of Apple and Moses. 

Hashtags: The process of cramming three or four words together following the pound (#) sign to indicate a popular topic. Originated on Twitter, now used frequently in Sara Spills Blogs. 

Leggo: Lets do this or lets make this happen. 

Lilo: Plain and simple the train wreck actress known as Lindsay Lohan. 

Luke Russert: One of many celebrity loves. Son of legendary reporter, the late Tim Russert. 

Mashup: Music act that takes place on the show gLee that involves two songs put together. Usually by two different solo artist or group and often different decades. 

My boyfriaaaaannd: Patrick Dempsey, Anderson Cooper, Matthew McConaughey, Darren Criss, Matthew Morrison, Luke Russert, Eric Dane, Jimmy Fallon, Justin Timberlake, Brian Williams, Prince William. 

Nerd Alert: Just a warning to let readers know that I'm about to say something especially dorky. I know its dorky and I still love it.

Oh Snap: I tell it like it is. Or at least as I see it. 

Shenanigans: Paul's Fruit Market, also known as the PFM. My wonderful employers who have turned into family. My home away from home. 

Twitter: Social networking site allowing users to express their thoughts in 140 characters or less. I follow about 100 people on a regular basis, friends, hollywood types, sports stars and coaches, etc. Major time waste.

Totes Awk: Abbreviation for totally awkward. BTW (by the way) Totes can be used by it's self or with another adjective still meaning totally. 

Yessssss Sirrrrr: Term to describe strong postitive emotion, usually applied to an outstanding sports play or super fun activity.

Hopefully this glossary of Saraisms has cleared things up. I love writing blogs, I love that ya'll (southern for you all) read it and now maybe you will understand them. 

-Sara- 

1 comment:

  1. is it weird that i happen to understand all of these?!! (with the exception of maybe one?) lol! miss you!

    ReplyDelete