Saturday, February 26, 2011

Ramblin Rambles: Spring Edition...

Sometimes I need these kind of posts, and well, this post is one of them. And I know that many of you have said how fun it would be to get inside my brain, so here ya go.
     Two weeks from tonight, I will be getting home from what will have been maybe the most epic concert event of my life. Well besides Taylor Swift, but in case you were out of the loop, I am going to the one the only THE Lady Gaga concert. When I first heard she was coming, I secretly wanted to go, but figured the tickets would be outrageously expensive, and to some people they think she's weird. Weird? Try dare to be different. Oh, and you can be rest assured there will be plenty of pictures.
     Speaking of music, I am in dire need of running music. One would think that I could find a semi-good mix out of 580 songs in my library, but sadly, quite a few of them are slow. Yes, I have googled "good running songs" and the results come up with some songs I've never heard of, or songs I don't have in my library. Well Sara, since you do save iTunes gift cards, buy the songs. Oh no. Oh no. It's not as easy as you think. In order for me to buy a song, I have to really like it. Like really really like it. And not get annoyed of it by the 10th time I've heard it. So, for all you runners out there, PLEASE call me, text, skype, send a smoke signal, send a dove with a message attached, find some way to send me song suggestions for running. I can't run a mini marathon with Silent Night on repeat for 13.1 miles can I? Didn't think so.
     It's been one of those weeks where I've actually been excited to run. So excited that I did 13 miles in two days. Five miles Thursday, eight miles Friday. I've been told that doing two long runs in two days is not good for anyone, never the less me, but because of scheduling conflicts I did my eight miles after running five miles the day before and write this down for history, because pretty much running my race in two days has never felt better. This is coming from a girl who complained for the whole time the first day of training approximately 35 days ago.
     I'd like to know where my Girl Scout cookies are? Oh thats right. Still at the factory. This is somewhat devastating. I mean I know in a couple weeks I'll be able to go to the grocery and pay highway robbery prices for a box, but what happened to the days of me (yes I was a Girl Scout) bugging the heck out of you and said I know how much you love this time a year, and I really want to win that new bike, so how many boxes would you like to order? You can go ahead and tell me for that a limited time only you can get Edy's Girl Scout cookie flavored ice cream all you want, but it's not the same. I don't want to eat frozen Girl Scout Cookies, I want to eat fresh, room temperature out of the box cookies.  
     "Sara. I have a question about your blog. Why haven't you blogged about the mess called Charlie Sheen?" Because. I really don't have any interest in him. I find it interesting that he get's away with a long list of shady things and Lilo on the other hand, has done some sort of the things he has done. With Lilo, I've followed her from the beginning. Charlie on the other hand, its like coming just for the second act of a play.
     It's official. I have found my two obsessions for the spring. They go by the name of Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina. Still confused? My two faves from American Idol that I will go ahead and say that they will no doubt make it to the Top 5. When I say obsessions, I'm not kidding. Last year I voted for Crystal 300 times the night of the semi finale. And with the announcement of 50 votes per Facebook account, you best believe I will hit it hard when it comes time to vote.
     As the days are dwindling down to my day of running greatness, I already have the dinner plans for the eve of the big day. I know, I should really be focusing on my running, but sometimes I like to think outside the Crayola box. Included in this menu? Appetizers TBA. Dinner: Spaghetti with meat sauce, salad, and bread. Dessert: Top Secret. Why am I so excited about this? Because it will be the night before the day I have been training for since January, and my fan club will have arrived.
     Why is it that my mind does my best thinking at 2:30 in the morning? People America is asleep. Here I am, blogging, listening to the Celine Dion Christmas Radio station on Pandora and patiently waiting for the clock to strike high noon when 480 minutes of non stop Oscar coverage begins.
     To sum up my rambles: I get a gold star.

First 5K Ever. June 2001

-Sara-

No comments:

Post a Comment