Monday, February 21, 2011

What Is Normal?...

According to my friend Webster, he defines the word normal as the following: Normal: (adj) conforming to a type, standard, or regular pattern. On the other hand, I have a better definition of normal. 
     To me, normal is doing my everyday thing. Hearing the 69 pounds of nothing but love that come up the stairs each morning to check on me before the voice of my favorite philosopher Taylor Swift wakes me up and looking at the clock and thinking, why yes, after going to bed at a ridiculous time last night, I think I will press snooze for nine more minutes. Yes. Nine glorious minutes. To me, normal is finding just how many different ways I can wear jeans and not have anyone notice.
     To me, normal is leaving mi casa by 8:30 and letting Chip do his auto pilot thing so I can attend my I really should have thought this through before I signed up before a political science class, next thing I know it has turned into the Peanut Galleries classroom debate. Oh the patience I have gained.
     To me, normal is getting my favorite call of the day from Shenanigans Headquarters saying someone has called in and wanting Superman to come to the rescue and fulfill their shift. They don't call me Superman for nothin'.
     To me, normal is after a somewhat quiet drive to higher education, driving to save the day at Shenanigans Headquarters while blasting (okay not blasting) but singing every word to Speak Now by Taylor Swift. And yes, I did get tickets to her SOLD OUT Speak Now Tour 2011. A day early if I might add.
     To me, normal is coming home and being asked how my day was. If I just went to school, it was pretty good except for the fact that I was unable to get a word in because of the Peanut Gallery's on going debate. If I went to school and Shenanigans Headquarters, consider it an extra long day. But a productive day? Yes.
     To me, normal is finding time in my day to catch up on my 20 or so blogs that I currently follow. I mean if I can't find time to get the hottest gossip, how am I supposed to report back to my followers? Lilo Update: D-Day in court Wednesday. February 23. Look who gets to miss it? AGAIN.
     To me, normal is coming home after a long day, and finding out that the in house chef is whipping up one of her normal masterpieces for dinner. My personal favorite? Her home-made Chicken and Dumplings with organic chicken. Being an expert in Chicken and Dumplings, I'll go ahead and say this was by far my favorite batch she has made.
     To me, normal is no matter how tired I may be after the day, making myself train for the mini marathon. "Sara you can do this. In less than 10 weeks this will all be over." In less than 10 weeks, I'll have that adorable seersucker bathing suit in my hot little hands.
     To me, normal is unwinding after the day and telling myself that no matter how many things may be thrown at me, I can face them by doing one simple, normal, relaxing, easy, on going task. BREATHE.

     *Followers Note: My sincere apologies for lacking on the blogs. One would think that after running miles on end you would be filled with blogging energy for days. Apparently not. But that's for another blog.

-Sara-

1 comment:

  1. i love this post. it made me think about my "normal"

    i miss you! i want more details about all of this training.

    ReplyDelete