Wednesday, December 22, 2010

March 27, 2005...

I was finally starting to get into my Sunday night routine. Dinner, the last minute procrastinating of homework followed by the ABC primetime Sunday night lineup. Wanting to make sure that my normal shows that consisted of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and Boston Legal were new, I did a quick look over to find the tiny little "N" to tell me my shows were airing a new episode. I knew exactly where these shows were in the paper and with my eyes going straight the top of the lineup, there was no Boston Legal to be found. "I know it's here somewhere. Maybe I'm not looking on the right day." Oh here it is. Nope. My show had been replaced. And we all know change isn't my best friend. 
     What's was this"Grey's Anatomy" show? You premiere a show in the middle of the TV season? Are you serious? ABC has the guts to remove one of my shows from the Sunday night lineup? Maybe this mid season show would totally bomb and bring back my shows. I'm only going to watch it because my normal show isn't on. Famous last words. Sunday night had arrived and after an afternoon of dreadfully boring homework, it was time for me to sit down and give this I really wish my other show was on, but I'll watch this and see if I like it show instead. 
     Going into Grey's Anatomy with hardly no information about the show, I was quite skeptical. Wasn't Grey's Anatomy a well known go-to medical book? A show about a book? This is starting to get sketchy and boring and I haven't even watched the first episode yet. Okay Sara if you can't get into the show within the first ten minutes you can change the channel, but at least give it a try. 
     Who names their first episode "A Hard Day's Night?" Aren't most shows titled "Pilot?" I knew I had heard that title somewhere. This is when it pays to be called the Human iPod. Oh that's right. The episode is titled after the legendary Beatles song. Creativity just went up at least 100 points. And the production company at Grey's Anatomy had already named their first episode? This wasn't looking good for my other shows return. 
     "The game. They say a person either has what it takes to play or they don't. My mother was one of the greats." And you use those words as your opening line of your show? Strike one. Adorable cute actor Patrick Dempsey in opening scene? You can erase that first strike. Oh how cute. This looks like it's gonna be just another one of those primetime love story dramas. And as we all know I have an attention span of about a 5 year old. I get bored. EASILY. Next thing you know it was 9:30 and the show was half way over. And I hadn't moved. That says something. And as an added bonus? I actually understood the story line. 
      On March 27, 2005 is a day that I became addicted to at the time little show called Grey's Anatomy. I wasn't sure of it at first, but as time went on, I became addicted. After watching the first two episodes and seeing what was unfolding during it's freshman season, I instantly had my favorites. The first and still favorite I spotted was the neuro surgeon Derek Shepard. I won't go into character details, but I'll say this about him: HIS HAIR. What a hunk. And then I found the heart of the show sweet character Meredith Grey who deals with the ins and outs of residency at Seattle Grace Hospital in Seattle,Washington. And some of the advice she gives can some how be worked into my life. If I was only that wise. And here I am seven seasons later. I might be one of the most dedicated Grey's watcher one has ever met. And I'm sure you want the reasons as to why I think I'm the most dedicated Grey's viewer. 
     Here is my evidence. I've seen it from the beginning. I have every single episode on DVD. I have a Microsoft Word document dedicated specifically to Grey's quotes. I have a photo folder that has everything Grey's you could think of. I know every important moment in Grey's history word for word. I know what story line it is within the first twenty seconds of the opening. I know every doctors story. I stood by Grey's Anatomy through the tragic writers strike.
     And as Izzie Stevens once said in the Justin Bieber squealing Season 5 episode 22 "What A Difference A Day Makes"  "You don’t recognize the biggest day of your life, not until you’re right in the middle of it. The day you commit to something or someone. The day you get your heart broken. The day you meet your soul mate. The day you realize there’s not enough time because you wanna live forever. Those are the biggest days. The perfect days. You know, it was a beautiful day." 


Dedicated. 


-Sara-




1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! I just wish I could steal all of your dvd's and take them to PA so that I can become as addicted :( All I do for fun and relaxation is watch movies anyway hahaha

    ReplyDelete