Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Eve Eve Ramblings...

I promise that I will blog a full low down of my what should be interesting and if it is not, then something is seriously wrong Christmas 2010 holiday, but before Christmas shenanigans play out, I do have some where did you come up with these Christmas thoughts. Like I've mentioned in pasts posts, we all know just how random yours truly can ramble, so here goes nothing.
      I have found my top four favorite Christmas songs. Why not five? Because after working at Shenanigans headquarters for the last three Christmas's you get tired of hearing Mimi's classic Christmas carol "All I Want For Christmas Is You" at least five times during my assigned shift, you must branch out and find better Christmas music. And that's exactly what I did. In no particular order, here they are. Silent Night by Sara Ramirez. She does an absolutely gorgeous version of it that can be heard in the "Holidaze" episode of Grey's Anatomy. Little Drummer Boy by Josh Groban. There are a million different versions with the same lyrics, but after hearing the same version with humans trying to sing a beat of a drum, he gives his version a twist of pop to it without the human beating of a drum. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas by Chris Martin of Coldplay. Same thing, I heard it on Grey's Anatomy and fell in love with it. I went to go buy it on iTunes and it's not there. iTunes has almost every song known to man but this one? Oh wait. They do. But I have to pay 20 dollars for one song? No thank you. Apparently it was on CD, but only made 1,000 copies for the VIP Coldplay fans. Finally, The Christmas Song (Chestnuts' Roasting On An Open Fire) by The Roots. I despise this song. It's just so depressing and slow. But then why do I like only one version? Because Quest, lead singer of The Roots has the most soothing voice I have ever heard. I am currently on a quest to get The Roots to put this version on iTunes. And if you haven't heard any of these you should YouTube them. Immediately. 
     As I sit here blogging to my fellow followers, I am about to witness the 18th throwing of Jay Thomas throwing a football to a giant meatball on top of a pizza on top of a Christmas tree on The Late Show With David Letterman. I find it slightly disturbing. And odd. 
      I know this blog is titled Christmas Eve Eve Ramblings, but Tucker's (the four legged king of the house) 13th birthday is Christmas Eve. It seems just like yesterday I was in art class while Mom and the sister traveled to bring the little fur ball home. My little baby is all grown up. 
     Because it's not Christmas Day until Saturday and can't go into present details, I have come to the conclusion that my fellow siblings and I will be giving Mom and Dad the best present ever. I will be sure to include details post Christmas but if someone tries to top our present, it could get ugly. Consider this a warning. 
     According to the meteorologists, it looks like I will get one of my Christmas wishes fulfilled this year as they are predicting we will in fact be having ourselves a white Christmas. I mean I'm kinda sorta pumped. I can't tell you the last time I saw snow on Christmas. 
     It's going to be a bummer going back to Shenanigan Headquarters and not working with Christmas music. It's so joyful and cheery. And when it goes away, it's like what a bummer, Christmas is really over; until next year. For me, Christmas music is a little break from the non stop thanks to satellite radio there are no commercials' 60's and 70's oldies station. 
     Along with my white Christmas wish, I did ask for one more thing. Not to be sick. And because I was such a good girl this year and was sick within 18 days of each other, I will not be arriving to Christmas dinner sick. I won't go into details, but for the people who were lucky enough to hear my Christmas dinner 2009 story they would be happy for me that I will be able to enjoy dinner 2010. 
      "Hey Sara will you please run to Target and go get some printer ink for me?" was the best joke of Christmas 2010. Sure Mom. I'll be happy to go fight the whoops, are there only two shopping days left before Christmas, I guess I better go do my shopping customers just so I can go get you some ink. Well after Target I made a little detour and purchased some of the best $12.78 I'll be eating until next July because I have five pints with my name on them peppermint stick ice cream. 
     It was two years ago Christmas Eve that my view on Christmas movies changed forever. I was forced to watch who cares about a 12 year old boy named Ralphie wanting a Red Ryder BB gun for Christmas? But fine, I've heard so much about this TBS 24 hour marathon of "A Christmas Story" I'll give it a try and see if I like it, it might be my all time favorite Christmas movie ever movie. 
    If you read First People Givers and experienced Thanksgiving 2010, all I asked for Christmas was for my family to behave at Christmas dinner. My hope is slowly dwindling down to nothing. I'm sure it will be filled with laughter, and "mother no nuts!" commentary. 
     There was a timespan in my life of when I was OBSESSED and I mean obsessed with *NSYNC. You can ask anyone in my family and they will 100 percent agree with that statement. Circa 2002(?) *NSYNC came out with a music video titled "It's Gonna Be Me". I never really listened to the lyrics, I just watched the video for Justin Timberlake's hair and fascinated with the fact they were marionettes in a toy store. *NSYNC came out with the brilliant idea to put out a line of marionette look a like dolls of themselves. Bet you can't guess what was at the top of my 2002 Christmas list? The official Justin Timberlake doll. Christmas morning had arrived and the final present was calling my name. Soak it in Sara. This is the last present you'll open till your birthday. One end opened, I began to see the infamous orange stripes on the box just like I had seen in the video. I really wish we had captured the moment on camera. I'm sure I woke the entire neighborhood up. Apparently I squealed like I have never squealed before. As my family describes it, high pitched shrills came from my lungs. If there was a memorable Christmas moment that speaks to me, this would be the one. 
     Oh, and after learning the hard way, finding Feliz Navidad in english is a lot harder than you think. 

-Sara- 

      

1 comment:

  1. love this Christmas post. I LOVE Christmas...and hearing about it :)

    ReplyDelete