Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Home Is Where The Heart Is...

Ole girl is back from eleven amazing days in paradise. And after those eleven 80° days, I now know the reason they call it vacation. I soaked up every single minute.

I read two books in two days. #Nerdalert. I attempted to read three, but after spending over twenty five minutes on the phone with Amazon.com trying to rent a third book, I failed miserably, and didn't read a day after that fiasco that ended with an email calling me Sylvia. Thanks Albert.

One of the highlights of vacation had to be the Lyle Lovett concert at the local gardens. Lyle seemed like such a great guy, and I'm not exactly sure why he left Julia Roberts.

I got to experience an outdoor version of the PFM with TONS of local farmers, and their produce. Very interesting, but slightly overwhelming.

How is humanly possible to start peeling while you're tanning? Rude.

Before leaving for vacation, I decided to sign up for a 5K. Seriously, I don't know anyone who would run a road race on a vacation. On a Saturday. That's another story, but to prepare for the impulse decision, I obligated myself to a 7 AM Monday morning workout with family relatives. #craycray

After working seven straight days before my extravagant sabbatical, the biggest decision I had to make everyday? What bathing suit to wear. #Notaproblemforme

Thanks to a very patient sister, I was retaught the art of making friendship bracelets.

I arrived to vacation with three pairs of shoes, and one dressy outfit (and other things). I came home with four pairs of shoes, and three dressy outfits. And I must add, very cute dressy outfits.

At one point during vacation, I said "we need to throw an Olympic opening ceremonies party." People kept asking if I had planned anything. Maybe if I just change the subject, people will forget. NOPE. Thank goodness I had the help of the A team party planners who put together the all American meal of meatloaf, potatoes, and broccoli. Dessert? Strawberry, and blueberry shortcake. And by the way, half and half doesn't make whipped cream.

So Sara, did you happen to watch the Opening Ceremonies? No. I was eating my all American meal. Well, that's okay. Did you at least get to see who lit the cauldron? No. But thats fine. @CNN told me TWENTY minutes into the ceremonies. Don't think I wasn't upset. Because I was. Oh, and that creeeeepppppyy baby head that appeared? Weird.

Michael Phelps? Overrated.

Santa in a speedo, and I'm tan.


In other ridiculous news, today we started the month of August. August brings me house-sittings, a few more weeks of freedom, school, and that little thing we like to call FOOOTTTBALLLLL.

If you haven't heard, I'm returning on a second mission to bring Luke home to meet the parents, and I was informed that I actually have to do work while in D.C. Talking to the coordinators of the weekend,  I politely responded, can't I just help plan parties?

The 2012 holiday season is going to be one for the books. That is all.

Eric Dane or more formally known as Plastic Surgeon Dr. Sloane on the hit ABC medical drama Greys Anatomy has announced he is leaving the show after the season premiere. #Lamesauce

I've also hit my 3,000 tweet. Tweet tweet.

-Sara-

1 comment:

  1. i love you and miss you and love the blog. who is Luke?! did i miss something?!

    ReplyDelete