Tuesday, April 3, 2012

All Art Requires Courage...

Sure does. For most of you know, I am currently in the midst of my what I thought was going to be a relaxing course, but since then it has become somewhat frustrating art class. I won't bore you with the projects I have had to endure, but there is one that I am proud of (toot toot) and one that I think you should know about.
     For our last out of class project, we were asked to draw an "alternative self portrait". Okay?? What exactly does this involve? I'm not a fan of sitting in front of the mirror and drawing myself. Thats on the borderline of crrreeeepppppyyy. Crisis averted. Instead, we were asked to draw something or a set of something that represented us as a person. "In case you need to get a jump start on your ideas, I have a slide show that I can show you." Ummmmmm.... about that slide show. The pictures that my angel of a professor showed us looked like these belonged in the MOMA. They were that good. Starting to sweat bullets, I turned to one of my peers and asked when it was due. He replied, "I bet it's our final". Sweet. I should be that good by the end of April. Now mind you, this was the first part of March. And of course, there's always that ONE person who always has to raise their hand and ask, "when's this due?"  How about...... March 22nd. Wait. She expected me to become that good in a matter of weeks days? Insert a mad dash of PANIC.
     While I did have one or two ideas, I talked it over with the chief artist of mi familia, and between the two of us, we were able to come up with a super fab idea.
     So here it is. In stages. And whatever you do, don't laugh.

Original 
After Some Much Needed In Class Work... 
Oooohh We're Half Way There... 
At One Time I Actually Enjoyed Doing This... 
No Turning Back Now... 

There you have it. Our professor claimed that she would grade these over Spring Break... No grade to be seen. #sofrustrating. 

-Sara-


No comments:

Post a Comment