Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Little Pinch Of This And That...

If you know the way I eat, I eat pretty well. I'm not that picky of an eater, but there are some foods I will not touch. Brussel sprouts, fish (some), olives, Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup and couscous. Just to name a few. Out of every food out there, you name Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup as one of them? Like I've said in the past, I'm getting somewhere, just hang on.
     During one of my many periods of sickness, all I could/wanted to do was sleep.  I didn't want to be sociable, all I wanted to do was watch and fall asleep to the sounds of Dr. McDreamy. After countless hours of sweating out my sickness, it was time to make reservations for dinner at the in house resident chef's kitchen.
     "How ya feelin? Any better?" "Eh. I feel okay, I'm just hungry." "How about I make you some Chicken Noodle soup." Ew. No thank you.  But wait, did I just say no thank you to the in house resident chef? I really must be sick. "I promise I'll make it really good and hearty." Whatever. She knew what she was doing. I knew she wouldn't disappoint.
     After waiting what seemed like an eternity for this soup, I was presented with what may have been the best bowl of soup I have ever put in my mouth. And this was no Campbell's Soup either. The taste of hearty grilled chicken from the night before, home made chicken broth frozen from earlier, and the taste of my favorite veggies filled the insides of my sick little body.
     So Sara, since you have tempted us with the details of this soup, can we please have the recipe? Sure thing.
4 Cups of Chicken Broth
1 Cup Of Water
Garlic
 Oil
Dash Of Salt 
Dash Of Pepper
1 Onion
1 Red Pepper (My Favorite)
1 Cob Of Corn
1 Zucchini 
1 Cup of Barley
2 Or 3 Chicken Breasts (Grilled or Roasted)
Bag Of Noodles
And A Whole Lotta LOVE!

Bet you didn't expect the love part did you? To me, this is by far the most important ingredient. Corny, I know, but let me tell you, when I am actually forced to do adult responsibilities, (hahahahaha) and keep an eye on the home-front, I live off this soup. It's good any season. Yea, I eat hot soup in the summer. Do I care? Nope. Do I love it? Yep.  I love to eat it late at night when I am looking for that something to hold me over until breakfast, but don't want to break out the chips and salsa. 

-Sara-

No comments:

Post a Comment