Friday, March 18, 2011

Late Night Snack...

Before I proceed, please let me state the following; compared to this time last year, I have significantly cut back on late night munchies. Okay so maybe I do make the occasional trip to the fridge to get some Colby jack string cheese and a bag of pretzels, but still, at least it's protein.
     But we my friends, have a rather small crisis. Why I do still have my remaining four pints of peppermint stick ice cream in the deep freezer calling my name, it has been brought to my attention that my friends Ben and Jerry have released a new flavor titled "Late Night Snack" in honor of my late night T.V. host Jimmy Fallon. You must have made the big time if you have your own Ben And Jerry's ice cream after you. Exactly what is this ice cream you ask? Let me explain. Fair trade vanilla ice cream, with caramel swirls throughout, and to top it all off? Chocolate covered Kettle Potato chips. Before you say "Ew, that's an ice cream foul" allow me to convince you that chocolate covered potato chips really aren't that bad. How do I know? Because Shenanigans HQ carries them.
     As soon as I saw that this ice cream was being released, it was my goal to track down this deliciousness.  I know this is not on my training diet, every once in a while sometimes you gotta splurge and treat yourself. So what do you think I did/have been doing? That's right. Calling my local K-Roger and asking them if they carry this certain pint of ice cream. The first night I called, I was put on hold for a long five minutes. After patiently waiting, they came back to say that they should receive it on the next mornings truck. You wanna ask me if it made it on the truck? Nope. Have I called around to other stores to find this? Yes. And do they have it? Nope.
     Now, here's where YOU come in. Next time you are out gathering ingredients to make your next dinner masterpiece and just happen to take a stroll down the ice cream aisle, and happen to be in the Ben and Jerry's section, and god for bid happen to find the ice cream, will some one please call me? Or if you live out of state ship it to me? I'll pay shipping and handling.
     Available nation wide? Apparently not.

-Sara-

No comments:

Post a Comment