Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Support System...

I lied. Just kidding. I thought I was going to have to wait until well until October to blog. Due to some unexpected down time, I have found some time to ramble.

I really should be writing a paper on All Quiet On The Western Front. I can't tell you how many times I have looked at the prompt that my professor has given us. The first time I read it aloud, there was an audience, and their first response? Sparknotes.

True Life: I have an addiction to Amazon.com. No really I do. I have a Student Prime membership which gets me FREE two day shipping and a lot of things almost half the price. As a matter of fact, I currently have two emails from them with package confirmation. One of the emails? I have pre-ordered Taylor Swifts highly anticipated new album Red. 

Speaking of Taylor Swift, I am currently listening to her new single released Tuesday morning titled Begin Again. I'm no music critic, but it's sweet song talking about getting up and dusting yourself off after a very public breakup with Jake Gyllenhaal. (Or so she claims). Taylor Swift also announced that for the next three Mondays she will be releasing new songs on Good Morning America to then be released on iTunes Tuesday at midnight. Come on Taylor. Really? Red won't be highly anticipated if you've already released half of your album. Think Taylor, think.

This week I begin the miserable task of having to decide what to watch Thursday nights. gLee or Grey's? I have been a dedicated watcher from the beginning. This is cruel and unusual punishment. But, I have come to the following decision. Watch Grey's live, and tape gLee. I feel like I'm cheating on both, but I have to see what happens to the doctors of Seattle Grace Mercy West Hospitals finest doctors following the plane crash. #LaLaland.

I also have to watch the dreaded season finale before Thursday night to refresh my memory. I really don't want to. So sad.

On the subject of Good Morning America, Robin Roberts had her bone marrow transplant last Thursday. I happened to come across an article on Perez Hilton about it, and I was surprised to see her family and some of her GMA colleagues there in the room while the transplant was taking place. Yes, they were all sterile, but one would think for a transplant, they would take the patient into some sort of super sterile room. #TeamRobin

Big Blue Madness tickets sold out in 35 minutes. It's a ridicilious tradition. Camping out for five days in the 40° lows at night for FREE tickets to the NCAA National Champions University of Kentucky Mens Basketball teams first official practice. There was even pre camping camping so people could be first in line to camp out. #Patheticyetdedicated

In case one of you lucky followers ever get to meet my four legged friend, Jo formerly known as Joker, please note the following: He is to be called Jo, Joseph,  Jo-Jo, Josepfits, anything but Joker. Jo was named for the UK Football coach before he became head coach, but after the downfall of the football program, we no longer call him that, unless he is in trouble.

Did anyone happen to catch the bizarre ending to the Monday Night Football game with  the Seattle Seahawks versus the Green Bay Packers? The tape CLEARLY shows Green Bay with the interception. These replacements refs are terrible. They need to go back to the high school field where they belong.

The iPhone 5 came out Friday selling over 5 million units. Selling five million units for an iPhone 5? Coincidence? I think yes.

Have I mentioned how much I love peanut butter and goldfish?

Personal shout out to my wonderful mother who gave me the alcohol makes me incredibly tired gene. A few years back, I was fortunate enough to be introduced to an infamous wine cake that one of my grandmothers friends makes for people who have lost a loved one or have just come home from the hospital. At the time of consumption, I said this cake is wonderful. We need this recipe. "No doll, this is a top secret recipe." Bah humbug. The cake recently made an appearance at an event, and we graciously tried again for the recipe. We hit the cake recipe jackpot. "I'll be happy to give you the recipe. I give it out all the time." I recently made it, and of course, I had to have a slice (or two) when it came out of the oven. After consuming the cake, I headed home where I immediately took a nice 90 minute nap. I didn't know why I was so tired. Maybe it was because I had been ripping and running all week. And then it hit me. TWO SLICES people. Two slices of wine cake. The cake had a cup of wine. #cheapdate #weaksauce

Recently participating in a conversation about social media at the PFM, I revealed that I choose to set my alarm 5 minutes early so I can read the morning newspapers. Or more commonly known as the stuff I've missed over night. My coworkers couldn't believe what I had said. Get with the program people. It's how the the new generation works.

UL football is one of 26 schools undefeated. #winning

I mentioned in earlier blogs that I would be seeing WICKED for the third time. It never disappoints. Especially the act before intermission. And if any of you have seen it, you know what I'm talking about.

My birthday plans have fallen into place, and for the first time in a long time, they feel right.

COUNTDOWN CALENDAR FALL 2012:

Mission Luke Russert: 24 days

The Birthday: 40 days

Thanksgiving Shenanigans: 58 days

FINALS Week: 71 days

CHRISTMAS BREAK: 79 days

Get pumped.

-Sara- 

No comments:

Post a Comment