Sunday, February 12, 2012

Life Imitates Art...

If you go back to my September 5th post titled "Apple Cider And Elevator Love Letters..." you were there from the beginning and followed my three month miserable enjoyable journey of finding the research, outlining, writing and presenting my ten page paper on Computer Mediated Dating (or more commonly known as Internet Dating.) But what most of you don't know, I have had the wonderful privilege of living it. Before I go any further, clearly hear me say, in no way did I sign up for the dating sites we all see on TV.
    To prepare for the dreadful ten minute speech, our professor would give us impromptu topics and would make us get up and speak in front of the class for a minute or so. And one of those topics happened to be what I was passionate about, and of course I mentioned yours truly blog. After giving my mini speech, and some classmates wanting to know where they could find my blog, I told them I would bring in business cards (and yes I have business cards for my blog.) And of course, who forgets to bring them in the following class? Rain-Man fails again. I figured no one asked, and therefore no one cared. That was, until I happened to check my email. 
    Vera Bradley daily email? Delete. Panera new menu additions? Delete. Perez Hilton daily gossip email? Delete. Oh, heres one with the subject line reading, "business cards." Guess I need to open this one. I'm not giving specifics of the email, but that email would soon change my life. It happened to be from one of my classmates, who has become a rather special person in my life. 
     Fast forward a few weeks later, and a much needed weeklong break. Amid the chaos and excitement of the impending holiday, I found myself trying to enjoy the break, but with papers reaching deadlines, stress had overtaken me. I looked around and again, I found myself finding comfort in his words of encouragement and support.  
     Classes turned into days, days into weeks, weeks into months. This. Feels. Wonderful. 

-Sara- 

No comments:

Post a Comment