Friday, February 17, 2012

162 Days...

As I sit here watching the ridiculousness of the local news broadcasting the "bridge re-opening" party at the local Waffle House, tears of joy are streaming down my face. Words cannot describe my feelings that after 162 days the bridge that has been shut down since SEPTEMBER 9th, has officially been re-opened!!! Almost TWO WEEKS EARLY if I might add. After hearing the news the first thing I thought was I won't get car sick anymore. Yesssss sirrrrr. You may be laughing, but I'm not. No more scanning the radio multiple times, no more drivers foot hurting after riding the brake, and most importantly, I'll be able to resume normal trips home!!! 

While checking my gossip sights before hitting the hay, E! Entertainment network has announced that Lilo and her troubles have landed herself an E! True Hollywood Story!! Even better news? It airs THIS coming Monday! DVR set? Check. 

I mentioned back in December that I have pre-ordered Season 8 of Grey's on DVD.  I recently received an e-mail from Amazon.com saying that they are having troubles sending me my package. Oh really? I haven't noticed. It's not like we are still in the middle of Season 8 or anything. #iliketobeextraprepared. 

Working five days in the middle of winter? Don't mind if I do. 

It's official. gLee's version of Whitney Houston's I Will Always Love You, is better than hers. I know that what I just said is a little time sensitive, but Amber Riley who plays the character Mercedes on gLee absolutely nailed it. 

As long as we are on the subject of gLee, the thought of them going on a seven week hiatus has slowly sunk in. With it being the Winter finale, of course they will finish with regional competition, and with today's technology, the songs have been leaked, and may I say, HUGE let down. They are doing songs I have never heard of, with the exception of Kelly Clarkson's new fabulous hit Stronger which they in fact butchered. As the old saying goes, "if it ain't broke don't fix it." And it wasn't broken. Yeesh. 

Because I have decided to stay up late, I have been chosen to be put on dog duty. For gag reflux reasons, I won't go into details, but after what I've been put through, I'm not having chillens for a very long time.

I've never been a fan of the Mardi Gras King Cake. Maybe because the ones I have had in the past have been dry, crumbly, and totally not worth the calories. Well, that was until the ever so loving favorite :) aunt has become known for baking a king cake and bringing it into my beloved PFM. When she began this a few years ago, I had my "no thank you" bite, just to be gracious. And then I needed more. Her king cake is the only one I will eat.  And because her's are so much better than all the others, she has gained quite the hype at the market, and made two ginormous cakes this year that we're demolished in a matter of minutes. And I'm not exaggerating either. 

It has been brought to my attention that Luke Russert is filling in for a few of his fellow MSNBC colleagues show's such as The Daily Rundown with Chuck Todd, and Andrea Mitchell Reports.  Are we seeing a preview of a new successor? #nerdalertinsomanyways. 

With the announcement that my professor will be out of town next weekend, it was  announced that we will only be having class Tuesday. Which brings me to my next point, with a totally free day Thursday, maybe I'll convince an immediate family member coughcoughmothercoughcough to cook dinner with me. And maybe, just maybe I can convince them to teach me how to make coughcoughhomemadecurrychickencoughchough. 

Following the verified twitter account of boyfriiaaaannnnnddd number 2 the one, the only Patrick Dempsey? Um, I may or may not have skipped a heartbeat. Or two. 

"just played another round of "let's be awkward!" I won. #classicgame. 

-Sara- 

No comments:

Post a Comment