Tuesday, May 29, 2012

And They Say She's So Lucky...

Ladies and gentlemen, the moment has come (again) for me to announce that I have made it to the HALFWAY point of Summer school. It was Memorial day weekend 2011 that I had no choice but to quit my god awful writing class. Surprisingly, no one has yet to drop out, and honestly, I'm not seeing anyone in the near future that will because after Wednesday's class I will only have SEVEN classes until I am free for the summer. #winning.

In other ridiculous Sara news, it seems as if my luck has slowly started to turn around. After a loooonnnggg miserable 7 day heat wave, there is relief in the future. I'm not one who complains when they don't feel well, but due to long eight and nine hour busy days at my second home, I would arrive at 6:55 AM, leave at 3:00 P.M. and come home and take a solid 90 minute sometimes two hour nap. At one point Mom and Dad became concerned that I might have mono. Nope. More like heat exhaustion. Oh, and then add in the leave my house at 8:00 AM, have class all day, work through lunch, and arrive home at 5:30 days in between. I'm also clearly aware that I decided to do this to myself, but it's not my fault when mother nature thinks it's okay to give us sweltering days in the 90's.

Phillip Phillips won the eleventh season of American Idol, and going into Tuesdays night performance, I thought that he was better off coming in second place, because there would be no way that Jessica Sanchez could survive without it. Fast forward to each contestant singing their possible first single. Ummmm... dear Phillip. I love you. That is all. His rendition of Home, (no not that sappy Michael Buble song) is absolutely wonderful, and Randy Jackson even compared him to one of my favorite indie bands, Mumford and Sons.

Following the first night of the Idol finale, the season finale of gLee premiered. I had waited weeks for this, and had heard from Twitter that I would be needing Kleenexes. So WRONG. First off, Matthew Morrison butchered the Rod Stewart classic and my favorite song Forever Young. As I have said before, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. For those gLee fans who actually read this, I won't spoil the ending in case you haven't seen it. But really?!? I don't think I'll be purchasing Season 3 on DVD. That's how disappointed I am.

Less than 100 days until FOOTBALL!! I've never been a fan of baseball. Except for the All Star game, (July 10th) and that means we're halfway through Summer. And that much closer to Fall.

I guess the biggest news is that after four looooonnnggggggggggg scary drives to and from school dodging trucks, CHIP HAS A..... HORN!!! And a cute horn I might add. Words cannot express my excitement for this new addition to him.

There will be a post explaining what I am about to tell you later on, but a month after ordering a new pair of special running shorts, they arrived at my doorstep, and with two extra surprises. :)

After a mild winter, THE bathing suit, made it's seasonal debut. Still fits like a charm, and still madly in love with it.

Summer school needs to hurry up and be over with. I have books waiting to be read.

To celebrate the Queens 60th year on the throne, Katie Couric has sat down with the Royal Family Prince William, Catherine, and Harry for an exclusive interview. And no, I didn't add Prince Williams favorite picture of him and his grandmother to my iPhoto library. Me? No, I would never do that.

Haven't had to close at work in three weeks. #seniority

It's that time of year again... The Scripps National Spelling Bee. Sadly, I have obligations Thursday morning in which I will not be able to view the Second and Third rounds, but good thing for DVR. And for all my fellow nerds out there, the finals are Thursday night. #nerdalert.

Looks like I'll be making a return trip back to America's Political Playground in October. #bringLukeRusserthomeroundtwo.

-Sara-


No comments:

Post a Comment