Friday, January 4, 2013

I'm Alive...

And well. I cannot begin to apologize for my unexplainable hiatus from my site. During the last couple weeks months I have been asked the question, "Sara, what happened with you and blogging?" Uh. Uh. That's a really good question. And the truth is, I lost inspiration, and when I was inspired, I was always somewhere without computer access. Somebody commented to me the other day, and said, "You know, you haven't blogged since your birthday." Yes, I was clearly aware of that. "You just need to get on there and say, the time has come." Excuse me? I was always taught that once you start something, you need to finish it. And while I won't be blogging for the rest of eternity, I'm not ready to give this blog up quite yet. I still have ridiculous stories to tell.
     I'm sure you're asking yourself where I regained my inspiration to get back to blogging; I could say that the inspiration came back to me at a snails pace during my much needed 18 day Christmas vacation to the south, where mi familia would spend Christmas 2012 with Mom's side of the family. After working a 6 1/2 hour shift at the market and saying goodbyes, it was off to the airport to get away from it all. No customers, no calls asking if Superman could fill in, no cold, rainy, wet snow to deal with, no nothing. Fast forward to a magic text at 8:30 p.m. in sunny Florida telling our ride we had landed. She replied back: "have you all had dinner? Or do we need to fix you something?" (Please work with me here. I'm getting somewhere) I texted back that magical sentence"Mom and Dad had a bagel on the plane, but I heard you made your famous brushetta." Okay. See you in a few.
     Thirty minutes later, we arrived to the house, where I was greeted with smiling faces, and my grandmothers world famous brushetta. People. You don't understand how good this stuff is. It's life changing. Bad mood? Brushetta and bread makes everything better. And this time? She had finely grated parmesan cheese for me to sprinkle on it. You know me, I'm not a cheese lover like other family members are, but its all I talk about. Following my long awaited dinner/snack, my lovely grandmother made the comment, "You better save room. We've been waiting to dive into this peppermint ice cream and homemade hot fudge." This must be a joke. First brushetta with cheese, and now  peppermint ice cream with FAMOUS HOT FUDGE? Wait. I have to look good in THE bathing suit. Whatever. It's Christmas. So long trying to behave. Let the indulging begin.
    Following the consumption of three of my favorite foods, I sat down, and low and behold, there I was looking at the two Sara Spills books I had given to her. That's when it sunk in. I had abandoned what made me, and most importantly, other people happy. Skimming the pages, I found myself chuckling at some of the very early Sara Spills.
     Throughout the vacation, I would go straight to the books, continuing to look back at how far I've come, and occasionally trying to figure out what I meant in past posts.
     Again, I ask for your forgiveness in my hiatus. With the Spring Semester coming up, I can't guarantee every day blogging, but gosh darn it, I'll blog. Thanks for putting up with me.

-Sara-

No comments:

Post a Comment